Photo

Tails & Trotters

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#101 Jill-O

Jill-O
  • 7,144 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:31 PM

Oh, I agree with ya QV, it is not a wise thing to do (and it did not seem a slur against MB at all), and if I was Morgan's lawyer, I would be telling him to stop doing it.

I completely understand that folks are gonna say what they will, and I am not here to stop any of it. I was just commenting on it...rather than on stuff I know nothing about. (though I am not a stranger to that either, just not doing it here and now ;o)
Never give up! Never surrender!

#102 SarahWS

SarahWS
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 09:16 PM

This kind of stuff is why you hire a professional to tell you what to do AND say during a business dispute. Six months to a year down the road, I think everyone will regret making this public. It's always better to get a mediator, resist the urge to make it personal, settle on something everyone can live with rather than the most you can win, and walk away with your dignity and mouth shut. What makes it worse is that no one in this mess seems to remember the kindergarten adage "If you have nothing nice to say, it's better to say nothing at all". Sigh...

Got no pig in this fight, just a love of good pork and a desire to see folks get along.

#103 nervousxtian

nervousxtian
  • Members
  • 2,128 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:18 AM

For the best shitstorm example I can think of this in recent memory review Stuart's (winedown) rant about the death of his second WineDown project.

Twitter, Facebook, and the internet have been the downfall of many who think ranting on the internet is the same as bitching to your friends.

Stuart's was a truly epic A+ level implosion, all out for public consumption. I sighed on one side of my face, while grinning on the other.

I hope T&T keeps things going, and MB finds a niche that fits.

#104 jennifer

jennifer
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 11:27 AM

Update on T&T from their newsletter:

We ARE still working towards opening a shop, and hope to have it in place by the end of the Farmers Market season late this fall—and in time for this year's holiday season! There's LOTS to be done to pull a shop together, and we continue working on all the little pieces to be ready when the opportunity presents itself.

Wherever the shop ends up, it will feature a fresh butcher counter with all of T&T's own cuts and housemade sausages, as well as farm-direct beef, lamb and poultry. A charcuterie counter will showcase a stunning array of porky treats, and we'll have a stocked larder of housemade stocks and sauces to go alongside. A take-out sandwich station will feature a rotating selection of sandwiches featuring house-made products & seasonal produce. We'll have a monthly series of classes and tastings, and so much more!

#105 jennifer

jennifer
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:07 PM

Got the T&T newsletter today. They will be at Buckman Market starting tomorrow, and PSU market starting this Saturday. Fresh and cured products at Buckman, cured product at PSU, and sausages at both.

#106 Jill-O

Jill-O
  • 7,144 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:56 PM

Tails & Trotters had their open house at KitchenCru on Sunday and it was an amazing display of charcuterie. I have pics of product and the space and some pics of the wines that Dan at CorksCru was pouring. I will get those pics up tomorrow...sorry for the delay!

#107 Jill-O

Jill-O
  • 7,144 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:41 AM

OK, all Flickr'd up and ready to go...

While their new space on NE Fremont and 57th (next to the new Fire on the Mountain outpost) is in the process of being readied for production and retail, Tails & Trotters is working out of the KitchenCru space. It is a beautiful, large commercial kitchen:

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image

Really nice space, practically across from Boxer NW on Broadway. I am looking forward to having a meal or two there in the near future...

But the pork products...wow, what an embarrassment of riches!

There was jowl (guanciale) which was a helluva topper for some coarse pea puree:

There was prosciutto:

#108 Jill-O

Jill-O
  • 7,144 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 10:59 AM

There was a great pork liver pate:

Posted Image

...and also rillette:

Posted Image

And of course there was a terrine:

Posted Image

There was also a deli meat table with corned pork brisket, pigstrami, and ham:

Posted Image

Lots of great pickled items to cut the richness too - onions, turnips, cukes, Castelvetrano olives, etc. And nice fresh accompaniments such as radishes, grapes, cherries. The pigstrami was fabulous and the corned pork brisket rocked too. The ham, was no slouch either, but it looked just like the cpb:

Posted Image

Posted Image

To pair with these luscious porky treats, Dan from CorksCru was pouring some really nice wines from the Languedoc in the south of France. As he put it, one of each flavor: sparkler, white, rose, and red.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

It really is a lovely little wine shop, much smaller than his previous shop, Square Deal, but the big windows and beautiful copper counters make for a really nice little shop. Great wines at terrific prices do not suck, either. ;o) The Muscadet was a great choice, the acidity cutting through the heavy, fattiness of the pork. But the red, OMG, the red, was delicious - fruity, yet assertive, wine - a fabulous blend of Merlot, Malbec, Syrah, Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon. A steal at $12/bottle, you better get you some soon!

All in all a great event on a Sunday afternoon. Good job by the Tails & Trotters, KitchenCru,and CorksCru folks overall.