Koi Fusion

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 mellycooks

mellycooks
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 03:55 PM

Yum! I had a spicy pork taco from these guys on my way home after a long night at work. This was the best taco, of any kind, I've had in a long time.

#22 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,350 posts
  • Interests:Me like food.

Posted 14 July 2009 - 10:06 PM

I was just down in LA and went to Kogi one night. I actually like Koi Fusion's tacos better. The handmade tortillas make a big difference, but I think they cook their meat better, too -- based on only one visit.

(However, the Kogi dogs were phenomenal.)

The greatest service chemistry has rendered to alimentary science, is the discovery of osmazome, or rather the determination of what it was. ~Brillat-Savarin

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole

Co-Author, Artisan Jewish Deli at Home

Formerly, Kenny & Zuke's

#23 SarahWS

SarahWS
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:44 PM

(However, the Kogi dogs were phenomenal.)

According to their website, they are now offering K-dogs: http://koifusionpdx.com/

#24 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,350 posts
  • Interests:Me like food.

Posted 15 July 2009 - 08:04 PM

They need some spicy mayo.

The greatest service chemistry has rendered to alimentary science, is the discovery of osmazome, or rather the determination of what it was. ~Brillat-Savarin

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole

Co-Author, Artisan Jewish Deli at Home

Formerly, Kenny & Zuke's

#25 hamburguesa

hamburguesa
  • Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 12:06 PM

Great bulgogi and short rib tacos. The spicy chicken and pork were solid but didnt stand out. Love the energy from dude running the truck. My buddy had the K-dog, had another with the bulgogi and it was even better that way. What is a K-Slider??

#26 Amanda

Amanda
  • 7,626 posts
  • Interests:Eating, cooking, kayaking, canoeing, letterboxing

Posted 28 June 2010 - 01:44 PM

I stopped by this cart today. It's been over on SW 4th & Burnside for quite sometime now in the Chevron parking lot. I had the pork and the chicken tacos (they were sold out of bulgogi and spicy tofu - it was nearly 2:00 by the time I got over there for my late lunch). There seemed to be more meat in my tacos than shown in the photos in this thread. The pork was kind of greasy, but pretty tasty. I liked the chicken best, though. It would be nice if they had someplace to kind of eat it, though. There is no seating whatsover and the only thing that could be kind of used as a stand up table already had people standing at it. Not a lot of room to maneuver in front of the cart where you order, either. Still, grabbing and going with it was OK. I think I will go back, possibly when I can get away earlier, to try the bulgogi and the spicy tofu tacos.

Best regards,

Amanda

#27 philthyanimal

philthyanimal
  • Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:02 AM

amanda...get the short rib. thats the only one you really need.

#28 Amanda

Amanda
  • 7,626 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:01 AM

They were out of those, as well. I'll give them a shot next time, Phil!

Best regards,

Amanda

#29 Amanda

Amanda
  • 7,626 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 12:04 PM

I forgot about philthyanimal's recommendation of short rib tacos, but I'll try to remember in the future. I got three bulgogi tacos and they were great. My friend had a bugogi burrito. It was substantial with kim chee rice and jack cheese, I think they said. I got to taste some of that, too. It was good! Carts aren't usually on my list of things to do except on bright sunny days like this one. Summer is here...even if it is only for a few days. Loving it! Might be hitting the carts and getting to go a lot more often if this weather keeps up.

Best regards,

Amanda

#30 Calabrese

Calabrese

Desaparecido

• Banned
  • 5,970 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:41 PM

Koi Fusion is now sending one of its trucks to SW 153 and Millikan Way area every Tuesday @ 11 AM for a lunch run. I finally managed to get over there today with a co-worker. We got there around 11:45 and the wait was short. By 12:20, the line was unreal. I had the short rib sliders and dining companion got the braised chicken burrito. I ordered the sliders mild but would tag what I got a medium. It was very tasty and I liked the buns a lot. Cheese was a bit skimpy and it was weird that they minced the short ribs. It's supposed to come with Japanese mayo but you could have fooled me if there was any on my order. Still I did like my lunch. Co-worker liked his burrito as well. Judging by the amount of business they were doing, this is going to be a long term gig for Koi Fusion in Beaverton.

#31 jmatt

jmatt
  • Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:43 PM

Had the afternoon off the other day after stabbing myself in the hand at work and went to Prost for a few beers. Was pretty hungry so decided to hit up one of the carts and got bulgogi and kalbi tacos from Koi Fusion. The tortillas maybe could have been a little better, but overall, the flavors were excellent and the guy working the cart was really friendly---will definitely hit it again next time I'm there.