El Nutri Taco Truck

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 nervousxtian

nervousxtian
  • Members
  • 2,128 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 05:50 PM

Funny, I like Mission-style burritos.. guess I'm doing it wrong.

If I just wanted meat, I'd get tacos.

#42 reduxredux

reduxredux
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:50 PM

Tried the namesake "Nutri" burrito today. Not good. It was a grainy whole wheat tortilla with rice, beans, onions, bell peppers, a little bit of fake meat...? The veggies were fresh but the flavors weren't particularly Mexican and didn't go well with the tofu crema or the salsas they had. The onions were irregularly chopped and not browned enough; the bell peppers overpowered the rest of the ingredients. Nothing was seasoned enough to make up for the lack of cheese or sour cream or meat. I can happily eat a bowl of sprouts with olive oil for breakfast, but this felt like the lamest kind of health food. I hate getting burned for making a healthy choice or for choosing vegan/veggie at a place that supposedly does both.

#43 sacman

sacman
  • 684 posts
  • Interests:FOOD

Posted 09 May 2010 - 03:53 PM

I went to El Nutri yesterday with my ex-girlfriend*. We ordered liberally from the menu.

There's nothing new to report here. But the day was beautiful, we ate outside, I had my camera with me, and the food was delicious. How about some photos, then?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Let there be no question that the orange juice is fresh. I wanted it to be colder, but it was still good.

Posted Image
The "Gringos Taco." Flour tortilla with cheese, lettuce, onions, tomatoes, and meat (carnitas, in this case).

Posted Image
Carnitas taco.

Posted Image
Al pastor sope. The sopes are hand-made, while the tortillas are not. Incidentally, the sope recipe does include some wheat flour, if that's a concern to you.

Posted Image
Chorizo taco.

Posted Image
More chorizo.

Posted Image
Lengua taco.

Posted Image
Chorizo sope.

All of it was good to great. This has become one of my favorite carts. Of course, me being me, I want some more organ meats...but the chorizo is really damn good, too.

-sacman

* Well, she's my wife now. Therefore, she's no longer my girlfriend, so I sometimes call her my ex-girlfriend. I'm not 100% sure she likes the moniker.
- I am an employee of a Portland-based firm that has business relationships with several local food-related businesses.