• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 John DePaula

John DePaula
  • Members
  • 1,463 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 28 March 2009 - 06:57 PM

John DePaula, the pork bulgogi at Country Korean Restaurant was actually pretty good. I normally don't like bulgogi but that one was exceptional, with solid spice.

Thanks, I'll give them a try!
--------------------
You cannot legislate compassion into your fellow man (or woman, as the case may be), but we should at least attempt to create a society in which each individual has the opportunity to realize his or her potential. If we meet our citizens' needs for Health Care and Education, everything else will take care of itself. --Me

#42 concreteoatmeal

concreteoatmeal
  • Members
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:00 AM

I will second the Country Korean rec. The Pork Bulgogi is one of my favorite dishes along with the Soondae Bokum and Jokbol. They dont play games with the heat at CKR! be ready for some serious spice.
"If you were expecting a kick in the groin, and you get a slap in the face.......thats a win where I come from"

#43 sfl

sfl
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:09 PM

i really dislike the kimchi that new season's carries. try boohan, off of 82nd, they have pretty good kimchi and really it's easy to make. gonna start making some tonight. check out this site:

http://www.maangchi.com/

#44 Dragondazd

Dragondazd
  • Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 09:04 PM

Dude, I don't know about you, but I don't want to break out the multigallonware in my apartment. Thanks for the link though! I'll check out Boohan

For me, kimchi comes in good, bad, and tolerable. New Seasons is not bad. That green brand at pretty much every other place that stocks kimchi is bad (tastes perpetually raw and flat) and so is the house made Hmart.