Calendar

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Angelhair

Angelhair
  • 7,660 posts
  • Interests:film, cooking, literature

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:09 PM

For those of you who may be new to Portland Food, we have a calendar (though it sometimes doesn't get used). I just updated it with all of the recent happenings:

http://portlandfood....t...ar&cal_id=1

You can use the calendar to find out quick information about an event, like the location and start time. This is very handy if you are in a hurry and just need to know the particulars.

I think the calendar can be scheduled by anyone, not just moderators. So if you want to add something, please feel free.

#2 Jill-O

Jill-O
  • 7,144 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 08:46 PM

FYI, I update the calendar for all of our 'official' monthly events (main event, book club, ethnic family-style meals).

You can always find the time/date/address/phone number/website (if they have one) in the entry. I also try to include a link back to the thread where we are organizing that particular event.

On the home page of this site you can find links to each of the forthcoming calendar events (within the next 60 days) along the bottom without having to go to the calendar page itself.

If you haven't been to a group event in a while or at all, please know you are welcome to attend (except for the Kurata event this Wednesday, that is closed to those already attending). Just post in the thread and let us know!

If you have any ideas for events, please post and speak up. If you want to start/host/plan an event for this site and want help or don't know what to do, feel free to message me and I'll be happy to do what I can. The events for this site are what we make of them...
Never give up! Never surrender!

#3 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,345 posts
  • Interests:Me like food.

Posted 17 May 2009 - 09:04 PM

Oh, hey, sorry Jill. I just sent out a message saying there were a couple openings for the Kurata dinner. Woops!

The greatest service chemistry has rendered to alimentary science, is the discovery of osmazome, or rather the determination of what it was. ~Brillat-Savarin

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole

Co-Author, Artisan Jewish Deli at Home

Formerly, Kenny & Zuke's

#4 Jill-O

Jill-O
  • 7,144 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:13 AM

Oh, hey, sorry Jill. I just sent out a message saying there were a couple openings for the Kurata dinner. Woops!

It's OK. I posted in the thread. I had to give a final number by 9pm last night...
Never give up! Never surrender!