Oregon Food Bank Again?

• Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

#21 Amanda

Amanda
  • 7,626 posts
  • Interests:Eating, cooking, kayaking, canoeing, letterboxing

Posted 01 February 2005 - 03:20 PM

Please join Portland Food.org on Thursday, February 10th at the Oregon Food Bank from 6:00 - 8:30 pm. Please post if you will be coming so that I can give Food Bank a head count. The Oregon Food Bank is located on the East side of NE 33rd between NE Columbia and Marine Drive.

Thanks so much!

Best regards,

Amanda

#22 Leopoldo

Leopoldo
  • Members
  • 522 posts
  • Interests:Movies, music, movies, food and more movies.

Posted 03 February 2005 - 08:52 AM

Arghhh.. me and my stupid not-reading-the-post-through. I thought this was for THIS Thursday and moved some plans so I could make it. Alas...
-Leopoldo
Come over to the dark side. We have cookies!
http://www.geekroar.com/

#23 Amanda

Amanda
  • 7,626 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 06:51 AM

Anyone game for Food Bank this week? Thursday night 6:00-8:30. It's a blast!

Best regards,

Amanda

#24 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,350 posts
  • Interests:Me like food.

Posted 07 February 2005 - 10:10 AM

Me, of course. Hopefully it won't just be us again.

The greatest service chemistry has rendered to alimentary science, is the discovery of osmazome, or rather the determination of what it was. ~Brillat-Savarin

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole

Co-Author, Artisan Jewish Deli at Home

Formerly, Kenny & Zuke's

#25 Leopoldo

Leopoldo
  • Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 02:31 PM

Looks like I will also be available on Thurs the 10th. Can you let me know where/when to report?
-Leopoldo

#26 Amanda

Amanda
  • 7,626 posts

Posted 07 February 2005 - 03:13 PM

Yes, Please do come, Leopoldo! The zombies have held you captive for way too long. And also for anyone else wishing to come out and help it will be this Thursday, February 10th from 6:00-8:30 pm.

The Oregon Food Bank is located at 7900 NE 33rd Avenue. It is on the East side of NE 33rd between NE Columbia Blvd. and Marine Drive (closer to Columbia Blvd., I'd say) and just South of Duck DeliveryProduce/United Salad.

Here are directions from their website coming from Portland:

From Portland and points south:

Take I-5 North to Columbia Boulevard exit.
The road will curve around. At the stoplight (Columbia), go left (east).
Turn left (north) at N.E. 21st Avenue (third stoplight).
Follow 21st Avenue until it curves to the right and becomes N.E. Riverside Way.

Follow N.E. Riverside Way until it dead-ends at 33rd Avenue.
Oregon Food Bank is directly across 33rd Avenue. Look for the sign at the entrance to the parking lot.

Visitor parking is to the left of the entrance.

Best regards,

Amanda

#27 Amanda

Amanda
  • 7,626 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 06:52 AM

Oregon Food Bank tonight from 6:00-8:30. Please see above posting. Hope to see you there! If not, have a great day and night!

Best regards,

Amanda

#28 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,350 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 10:20 AM

Amanda, I might not be able to make it. I have to meet my business partner to pick up our truck from the shop and I don't believe he'll get up here until about 6. Not sure yet, though.

The greatest service chemistry has rendered to alimentary science, is the discovery of osmazome, or rather the determination of what it was. ~Brillat-Savarin

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole

Formerly, Kenny & Zuke's

#29 Jill-O

Jill-O
  • 7,144 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 10:44 AM

Do you communicate with him via CB, good buddy?

:lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist...

10-4, back door

#30 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,350 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 10:54 AM

"Breaker breaker one-niner, ya' got your ears on, come on back."

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole

Formerly, Kenny & Zuke's

#31 Jill-O

Jill-O
  • 7,144 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 11:29 AM

Got my ears on and tryin' to avoid smokey in a plain blue wrapper...

:lol:

OK, now that we have made everyone turn off the "notify me when a reply is posted" toggle on this thread...what shall we do next?

:D

#32 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,350 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 02:39 PM

How'd food bank go? I'll make sure I'm there next month. I think last night was the only one I've missed.

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole

Formerly, Kenny & Zuke's

#33 Amanda

Amanda
  • 7,626 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 03:12 PM

Food Bank was fun! It was Leopoldo, John and I. We all started off bagging potatoes. Leopoldo got to go over to Mac n Cheese duty after a while, then he got to tour the food bank. I enjoyed it, as I always do. There were lots of people there from Starbuck's doing their civic duty as well.

We were going to go out for a bite afterward, but I didn't go on the Banh Mi crawl when we had it, so the only Banh Mi place I knew of we went to, but it was closed. Then we headed for Taco Del Mar only to get there moments after they closed. What a pisser. This one horse town gets so limited after 9:00 pm unless you want fast food (or dog food, as Leopoldo was referring to it as). We decided it wasn't meant to be and went our separate ways.

Maybe next time we will be more prepared with evening dining options. I was at a loss. Now I can think of all kinds of places i.e., tacos or burritos over on Alberta street at La Sirenita, but my brain wasn't thinking very smartly last night, so boo hoo on that. Just as well. If I had eaten a football sized burrito my score on the scale would have been even uglier than it was as is...I gained a pound and a half! And I've been working out like a fiend this week. Serves me right eating big BBQ buffet for lunch on my "meat" day Thursday.

Best regards,

Amanda

#34 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,350 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 03:20 PM

Go get a colonic and clean that meat out. You'll lose two or three pounds. :wink:

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole

Formerly, Kenny & Zuke's

#35 Jill-O

Jill-O
  • 7,144 posts

Posted 11 February 2005 - 03:43 PM

:roll:

#36 Amanda

Amanda
  • 7,626 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 06:59 AM

Hi Folks!

It crept up on me this time!!! This Thursday is PortlandFood.org's hot date with the Oregon Food Bank. I'll be there and I hope you will be, too!

We start at 6:00 pm and go till 8:30 pm.

The Oregon Food Bank is located at 7900 NE 33rd Avenue. It is on the East side of NE 33rd between NE Columbia Blvd. and Marine Drive (closer to Columbia Blvd., I'd say) and just South of Duck DeliveryProduce/United Salad.

Have a great day and it will be nice to see you on Thursday evening if you wish to come joing the fun.

Best regards,

Amanda

#37 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,350 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 09:05 AM

Thanks Amanda. I should be there. I'll try send out a notice along with the Wong's one I need to do.

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole

Formerly, Kenny & Zuke's

#38 Leopoldo

Leopoldo
  • Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 08 March 2005 - 04:38 PM

Hey Amanda. I will try to make the food bank event again this Thursday. I have an injured back I am trying to patch up, if the back is still in pain I will pass but otherwise I should be there. And this time lets make some dinner plans BEFORE hand so we can get right to some grub after moving all that food around.
-Leopoldo

#39 Amanda

Amanda
  • 7,626 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 09:30 AM

Hey People!

I'm sorry, but I will not be at the Food Bank tonight. Can someone else pitch in tonight to cover. We have a commitment of three and with Nick and Leopoldo that only makes two. I have the flu and am down for the count. What a worthless human being I've become this week. Ugh. I was my fine bouncy self earlier this week, but now I'm a sick weakling. Please forgive me. Hopefully I will see most of you at Wong's if I can shake this monster.

Best regards,

Amanda

#40 Amanda

Amanda
  • 7,626 posts

Posted 10 March 2005 - 09:30 AM

Hey People!

I'm sorry, but I will not be at the Food Bank tonight. Can someone else pitch in tonight to cover. We have a commitment of three and with Nick and Leopoldo that only makes two. I have the flu and am down for the count. What a worthless human being I've become this week. Ugh. I was my fine bouncy self earlier this week, but now I'm a sick weakling. Please forgive me. Hopefully I will see most of you at Wong's if I can shake this monster.

Best regards,

Amanda