Rancho Gordo Beans

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 vj

vj
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 09:36 AM

Hey!
Michelle and I were talking about putting a Rancho Gordo order together.

http://ranchogordo.com/

Are you interested? BTW, check out Scott-DFW's photo several entries above. Luscious!

#42 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,350 posts
  • Interests:Me like food.

Posted 17 January 2010 - 02:50 PM

I'd go in on an order.

The greatest service chemistry has rendered to alimentary science, is the discovery of osmazome, or rather the determination of what it was. ~Brillat-Savarin

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole

Co-Author, Artisan Jewish Deli at Home

Formerly, Kenny & Zuke's

#43 Sarah

Sarah
  • Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 03:39 PM

I would be interested too.

#44 SarahWS

SarahWS
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 11:08 AM

I would be interested in the future. Right now I'm cooking my way through my sister's stock of Rancho Gordo beans she purchased before she figured out that the third year of law school with 1.5 times normal load, working 2 part-time jobs, and exercising several hours a day to meet US military fitness requirements are not compatible with cooking beans for dinner regularly. I literally have at least over 10 different varieties - a lot of beans when you're cooking for one person.

I also have their posole and am very excited to cook the posole recipe from the Rancho Gordo cookbook. Hmmmm, maybe that's what I should bring to the bookclub Saturday?

#45 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,350 posts
  • Interests:Me like food.

Posted 29 December 2010 - 11:52 PM

I will almost certainly be going to Rancho Gordo's Napa shop tomorrow or the next day if anyone wants anything.

The greatest service chemistry has rendered to alimentary science, is the discovery of osmazome, or rather the determination of what it was. ~Brillat-Savarin

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole

Co-Author, Artisan Jewish Deli at Home

Formerly, Kenny & Zuke's