Has anyone been here for dinner yet? I am thinking about having dinner there this week, but am wondering if it more of a lunch place (atmosphere and food-wise). I couldn't find a menu online.
I popped in here Saturday and ended up just having a beer+fries at the bar. The menu/bar was quite different than my expectations after meeting the owners a couple months ago and reading about the place online. Here are my perceptions:
1. No beer on tap. 4 in the bottle, but they have a bunch of liquor
2. Nothing really to snack on. Apps = Fries and salads
3. Dinner entrees were quite expensive for a "neighborhood hangout". 18-23$ for almost everything.
4. Turkey Burger is $12. Even at lunch.
5. Lunch menu looks interesting, with a chicken+mushroom dip and some other tasty sounding sandwiches.
6. I'll probably only eat breakfast here, with the no beer on tap and the price of the entrees.
I was really hoping this would be the kind of place I could stop for a beer, or get a nice light snack, or share an app with someone, but based on their preview menu it's not that kind of place. At the prices they are charging, the execution is going to have to be quite good. I'd have to want to choose Cafe Nell over Serratto or Mingo for a semi-pricey night out in the neighborhood.
The dinner menu did look interesting, just expensive for me.