#2 MaBell

MaBell
  • Members
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 12:34 AM

I'm in. Tammi, VJ, who else?

Chris Pez - you working that day?

Cat

I'm going to try to make this, but the work week could get kinda crazy!
Homer: Are you saying you're never going to eat any animal again? What about bacon?
Lisa: No.
Homer: Ham?
Lisa: No.
Homer: Pork chops?
Lisa: Dad, those all come from the same animal.
Homer: Heh heh heh. Ooh, yeah, right, Lisa. A wonderful, magical animal.

#3 tammi

tammi
  • Members
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 09:05 AM

I hope Chris will be there! Looks like we'll need a tour guide, the place looks huge!
I'm in at 12:00 see ya all soon.

#4 chris pez

chris pez
  • Members
  • 878 posts
  • Interests:music, food, italy, history, little kids who make me laugh

Posted 07 October 2007 - 06:20 PM

i will be there although hopefully not on the line!! i'll be happy to give y'all a tour of the place. and of the menu! and look forward to hearing feedback (amanda: the food temp comment was received and shall be a mistake never made again while the nice lady at the counter comment was received and shall happen all the time!!).
foodshedpsx is dead. as is god. and elvis. and george burns. and you and me too soon enough.

#5 craig

craig
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 08:30 PM

I'm interested, schedule permitting which it looks like it will.
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." -- Mark Twain

#6 vj

vj
  • 2,740 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 05:31 AM

By the way, Chris, CONGRATS!!! Mazel tov!

503-467-4554
226 S.E. Madison St. PDX 97214
trimet trip planner.

See you there!

#7 tammi

tammi
  • Members
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 06:09 AM

I'll be there!

#8 craig

craig
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 06:19 AM

I'll be there!

I'm out. Sorry.
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." -- Mark Twain

#9 chris pez

chris pez
  • Members
  • 878 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 06:30 AM

too bad! i'll be working the line!

and i'll have a little cicchetti treat for those that show up.
foodshedpsx is dead. as is god. and elvis. and george burns. and you and me too soon enough.

#10 gustoeater

gustoeater
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 08:59 AM

bump

#11 Amanda

Amanda
  • 7,626 posts
  • Interests:Eating, cooking, kayaking, canoeing, letterboxing

Posted 12 October 2007 - 09:05 AM

How did this go yesterday?

Best regards,

Amanda

#12 chris pez

chris pez
  • Members
  • 878 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 01:05 PM

yeah. how did it go?

#13 Cat Lancaster

Cat Lancaster
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 03:55 PM

yeah. how did it go?

You've already received my congratulations on your engagement via a couple of mediums. {I'm talking text message and hugs in person, people...} Tell Kara to let me know what she'd like for a bachelorette party as I'd be happy to host something. Maybe a day in the wine country or a Seattle (or Vancouver) weekend?

Now back to the question at hand... My cheeseburger yesterday was delicious. It was cooked exactly the way I ordered it and for me {other diners didn't have the same experience} came in a reasonable amount of time.

I know you were having issues b/c your cook called in sick and it was the counter girl's first day and you were training her. This didn't really impact me, but I know the other's I was with didn't have such a great service experience. They can elaborate more if the choose. For what it is, I think you've done a very good job.

Cat
"travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" ~ Mark Twain

"I'm not a picky eater, but I'm picky about what I eat." ~ Me

#14 tammi

tammi
  • Members
  • 1,924 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 06:04 PM

Well I got lost on the way and called my hubby for directions who happened to be working down the street. When he found out where I was having lunch he wanted in. (He has had the burgers @ A.C and loves them) For one, they are a bargain at 5.50 Local great beef, great bun and cooked med rare if thats how you like them which is rare (pardon the pun) I guess most places that kill the burgers are saving you from some deadly bacteria thus serving umm shitty beef. *Not the case here* Clearly AC has dome fine burgers!
Chris was a great host even though he was less one employee and suddenly VERY busy and it was great that none of us had any pressing matters to get back to. We all were well fed, even got an unexpected treat too (Thanks Chris)
I felt sort of nostalgic being in the space. It reminded me of the good ol days in San Francisco, big *underground* parties..I'm very interested in the local film events coming up and the plans for the bar upstairs. This is a place to keep in mind for fun evenings or a great burger (Rick will be back often for lunch) I had a chef salad which was fresh and good, nice to have a choice of meat and cheese I just wish you had more choices of dressing with zip besides ranch and italian. (I got OO and Balsamic) with such nice veggies I'm hoping you'll mix up some great dressing.
Congrats on your engagement Chris and your new job. I know you'll do well and we'll be back for lunch very soon! PS you are a big sweetie!

#15 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,350 posts
  • Interests:Me like food.

Posted 13 October 2007 - 10:08 AM

I split out Sylvan's report and started a thread in Restaurants.

The greatest service chemistry has rendered to alimentary science, is the discovery of osmazome, or rather the determination of what it was. ~Brillat-Savarin

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole

Co-Author, Artisan Jewish Deli at Home

Formerly, Kenny & Zuke's

#16 vj

vj
  • 2,740 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 12:23 PM

I too enjoyed it, and I was glad we could be there for your busiest (and craziest) day so far. I also got the burger and think it's a great bargain. Congrats again, Chris!