Cassidy's

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Amanda

Amanda
  • 7,624 posts
  • Interests:Eating, cooking, kayaking, canoeing, letterboxing

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:43 AM

The menu sounds better than it used to. Might be worth going back for the food, BUT...did they ever get a decent Riesling on the wine list??? I was never happy with the wines I drank there. None to my liking at all. All dry as the Sahara and not even good for that, as I recall. It's been a couple years, though.

Thanks for letting us know about the menu changes!

Best regards,

Amanda

#2 bboomer

bboomer
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:34 AM

Will this menu be available at all hours or are there specific times?
Looks like a step up from where the menu was

#3 tammi

tammi
  • Members
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:36 AM

Cassidy's
1331 SW Washington St
Portland, OR 97205
Daily 4:00pm- 2:00am
Tel: (503) 223-0054
Toll Free: 1 (888) 323-0054
Fax: (503) 223-3250

http://cassidysrestaurant.com/

#4 boot07

boot07
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 02:10 PM

The wine list has had a makeover as well.
We serve full menu til 2am seven days a week.
Our happy hour is 4-6 in the afternoon and 10-2am which is 5.75 small bites and burger.

Thanks, Caleb

#5 Amanda

Amanda
  • 7,624 posts
  • Interests:Eating, cooking, kayaking, canoeing, letterboxing

Posted 06 September 2007 - 02:14 PM

I saw Riesling on the menu! I'll have to give this place another try sometime. Thanks for letting us know that things have improved, Caleb!

Best regards,

Amanda

#6 boot07

boot07
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 02:26 PM

Our website is a bit out dated, but you can check us out on myspace
search screen name cassidys
We have some great pics of the food and restaurant info.

#7 superdog

superdog
  • Members
  • 951 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:07 PM

Dear Portland Foodies,
Ed and I've visiting Cassidys a few times since the new menu, and we love the place. We usually hit it for the late night/happy hour menu, $5.57 (I think) for a wide variety of dishes from hamburger to french onion soup to braised pork tongue. They are all tasty, and all quite large. I had the braised pork tongue and it was tender and delicious. I like the pate also - 4 big (2.5" x 4 ") slices of rich, creamy pate over toasted bread with house pickles. Nice contrast between the tangy pickles and the richness of the pate. We also had the French onion soup last night - delicious and rich onion broth, with cheese and crouton soaked in, hot off the oven. The service was attentive and friendly. It is a smoking place so we tend to go when we think it will be slow, say, 10:00 pm Sunday. I highly recommend this place, even without the happy hour pricing, we think it is still a very good bang for you dollar.

Peace,
Ed and Ellen
Ellen @ SuperDog
superdogpdx@gmail.com

#8 Guest_MostlyRunning_*

Guest_MostlyRunning_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:19 AM

Cassidy's is a gem. If I ever wanted to work in a restaurant again, this would be the place. All that gastro-pub shit we've heard about, they've been doing it for a while. Twitch, this is my ace in the hole.

#9 Angelhair

Angelhair
  • 7,658 posts
  • Interests:film, cooking, literature

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:09 AM

This is close to us but we've never been. That's about to change. The cuisine is right up my alley, and the restaurant's just down the street!

#10 bakemeacake

bakemeacake
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 12:54 PM

I was just at Cassidy's on Friday evening during happy hour. We enjoyed some great beer and very decent appetizers. The best was the crab cake with tender bits of crab served on a celery remoulade (thinly sliced green onions studded the crab cake and made the dish very tasty). Our other two items were just so-so and included a bacon pizza and bruchetta with apples/goat cheese (the latter was the least appealing and lacked a balance of flavors). That said, it is a comfortable space and the service was excellent.

#11 Kristi

Kristi
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 05:10 PM

This is close to us but we've never been. That's about to change. The cuisine is right up my alley, and the restaurant's just down the street!

Let me know when and I just might join you! My cousin works there and I need to get in and see her.

#12 Angelhair

Angelhair
  • 7,658 posts
  • Interests:film, cooking, literature

Posted 11 December 2007 - 07:23 PM

Let me know when and I just might join you! My cousin works there and I need to get in and see her.

Maybe next week.

#13 oldbaldfart

oldbaldfart
  • Members
  • 308 posts
  • Interests:Beer, brewing, distilling, coffee roasting, cheesemaking, sausage making

Posted 17 December 2007 - 11:44 AM

Cassidy's is a gem. If I ever wanted to work in a restaurant again, this would be the place. All that gastro-pub shit we've heard about, they've been doing it for a while. Twitch, this is my ace in the hole.

Ate there for the first time last night after our first beer dinner at the Belgian Embassy (When you are hosting one of those things, you never get a chance to enjoy the food) This has to be my new favorite late-night option.

Decent beer list and the wines looked interesting.

Started with fried calamari and it was cooked just right... nice and tender with a good (tarragon?) aioli
Kelly had the pork liver ravioli and I barely got one bite she devoured it o fast. This is a woman who is usually a bit squeamish about out of the ordinary selections. But this stuff was so rich and savory.

I had a damn fine chicken sandwich. The meat was tender, the ciabatta roll soft, but snappy, pancetta is always a welcome option and the condiment choices were delish.
Jim Parker

#14 Kristi

Kristi
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 03:41 PM

A few of us stopped in last night for a bite to eat. I've mentioned it before but my cousin is one of the bartenders. I had the the ginger lemon drop and it was very tasty, just the right balance of tartness and sweetness. For dinner I decided on the burger and fries. The bun was wonderful and stood up well the the thick, juciy burger. The fries were crispy and perfectly done, and I loved the homemade ketchup that went along with it.

I'm looking forward to going back and trying more of the menu. Many things looked interesting to me, but it was just a burger and fries kind of night!

#15 Joisey

Joisey
  • Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 10:03 PM

Wow, I was there last night and had the burger too...It's definitely a great place to get a late bite to eat after getting out of work. Parking was a little tough to say the least.

#16 Kristi

Kristi
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 09:32 AM

Mr. Kristi and I went to Cassidy's for dinner last night. We got there just before 6pm when happy hour ends so I decided to order the happy hour burger and Mr. Kristi went for the steak on the dinner menu.

The burger was excellent. It was juicy and flavorful and it came on a great bun. The fries were crispy and served with a homemade ketchup that was dark and flavorful with a bit of a kick. Mr. Kristi had the sirloin steak and it was topped with what tasted like a gorgonzola cream. It came with potatoes, which I didn't taste, and roasted brussel sprouts. We thought it was a good value for $22.

For dessert we shared the pumpkin cake topped with candied bacon along with banana ice cream. The pumpkin cake was moist and delicious and the banana ice cream went ver well with it. The candied bacon was good, but I only got a hint on bacon flavor.

The service was great. My cousin was the bartender last night so of course our service would be great, but she also took excellent care of her other customers. It was a nice meal at a reasonable price and we will definitely return.

#17 tonyajonemiller

tonyajonemiller
  • Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:35 AM

Kristi, judging from your posts I think we share similar tastes, so I am eager to try Cassidy's based on your recommendation. I ~almost~ went there at least five times during the past month, but it was often on a Friday or Saturday around 11pm and I was afraid of a long wait. Do you know what their average wait for a table is during peak times? Based on their hours and location, I'm guessing they might be busy when other places are not, and vice versa. Thanks!
Tonya (NSFW)
Chef Crush...Because I heart cooks...

#18 Kristi

Kristi
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:39 AM

Kristi, judging from your posts I think we share similar tastes, so I am eager to try Cassidy's based on your recommendation. I ~almost~ went there at least five times during the past month, but it was often on a Friday or Saturday around 11pm and I was afraid of a long wait. Do you know what their average wait for a table is during peak times? Based on their hours and location, I'm guessing they might be busy when other places are not, and vice versa. Thanks!

Tonya,
I think they only get super busy late at night, like after midnight, and that's mostly in the bar. Between the bar area and the dining area the place is huge so I don't think they ever really fill up. I doubt there's ever really much of a wait for a table. Give it a try, I think you'll like it!

#19 RM

RM
  • Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:12 PM

Went to Cassidy's last night for a Portland Dining month dinner with about a dozen others. Menu choices were kale salad or french onion soup, Short rib over polenta or rock fish & brussels sprout hash. Dessert was creme brulee or bread pudding. A fun dinner.

Most of us got the french onion soup and it was great, the few who got the kale salad enjoyed it, it had some preserved lemon in it that kicked its flavor up a bunch. I had the rock fish and it was lightly fried and tasty, the hash was really a bacon hash with some brussels sprout & potato. I really enjoyed that. The short rib came with greens and polenta and my wife really liked hers. I thought the desserts were ok, not great but then I'm not that big of a dessert eater. The creme brulee had a hint or orange to it which was nice. Bread pudding was served very hot and with a scoop of ice cream.

Service was good and it was a solid Portland Dining month meal, well worth the $29 price.