Taqueria La Chiquita, The New Tres Hermanos Taco Truck

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#41 Prone to Hyperbole

Prone to Hyperbole
  • Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 10:43 PM

When this truck changed ownership (it was still on Denver and Killingsworth at that time), I agree the salsas got better. But this new ownership was more concerned about making vegetarian options, and informed me that they did not even know HOW to make carnitas. As I told you, Nick, in a private conversation, this is the only time I have EVER thrown any taco truck food into the 55 gallon garbage. I made it half way through whatever I ordered and admitted to myself that it was so horrible that I was just wasting calories. To the trash. Did love the homemade salsas, though.
Oh, they should be told to inform people about the orange salsa having raw peanuts in it. One bite could kill anyone with severe peanut allergies.
breakin' the law, breakin' the law!

#42 Prone to Hyperbole

Prone to Hyperbole
  • Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 10:47 PM

btw, I don't know if anyone has ever noticed, but there's a taqueria called Tres Hermanos:

Taqueria Tres Hermanos
http://www.daplus.us
11963 SW Pacific Hwy
Portland, OR 97223
(503) 639-7643

Anyone ever checked it out? I saw it on a trip back from H-Mart. It's just south/west of 217.

Probably old news now, but for those interested, the Tacqueria Tres Hermanos on 99, connected to the Joy movie theater is not The Joy Pub. The transition just happened. I hate to see a good tacqueria go away. But I think that makes more sense for the little one-screen theater. I may even go there now if I can grab a beer before or after (during I wonder?) my movie.
Plus, there are excellent tacquerias within 2 miles or less from there. Salvador's, Sanchez, 7 Estrellas, La Fuente, and a new one, Saharia's, that I haven't tried yet. (where ole ole 24 hr was for about two seconds). But it's in the Salvador's parking lot. And my loyalty will likely remain there.

(PS: Had STELLLLLLLAR fish tacos (again) yesterday and a Dr. Brown's Cel Ray soda at Sanchez). So good!
breakin' the law, breakin' the law!