• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#141 Calabrese

Calabrese

Desaparecido

• Banned
  • 5,970 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:38 PM

There's always the Hillsdale or Multnomah Village area.

#142 StMaximo

StMaximo
  • Members
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:20 PM

I just don't see a place named Beast in either of those neighborhoods ;) You're going to just have to keep driving to the Eastside to hang out with the peasants.

#143 polloelastico

polloelastico
  • Members
  • 2,749 posts
  • Interests:Tantric yoga and deck shuffleboard

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:36 PM

I just don't see a place named Beast in either of those neighborhoods ;) You're going to just have to keep driving to the Eastside to hang out with the peasants.

The Papa Murphy's on 45th and Multnomah does brisk business.

All kidding aside, the bar sounds great. Any bar I can walk in unannounced and eat and then leave is appealing to me.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” — George Carlin

#144 JayinPortland

JayinPortland
  • Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:02 PM

I always thought the NE corner of Gladstone & 29th would have made for a good spot for something like this. The building itself would need some work, certainly, but I don't understand why Gladstone was never 'bigger' than it is.

Well, okay I guess parking could pose a problem, but there are so many acres of asphalt mostly unused just a few blocks up on Powell and all...

#145 ricechaz

ricechaz
  • Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:45 PM

I vote for the Eastside!! We have MMM, Tanuki, Country Cat. Beast would fit in that area all too well. Mostly, me being selfish so the drive home from some of my favorite places could be shorter.
Charlie
Hood River, OR

"No matter where you go...
there you are."
Dr. Buckaroo Banzai

#146 concreteoatmeal

concreteoatmeal
  • Members
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:57 PM

The Papa Murphy's on 45th and Multnomah does brisk business.

All kidding aside, the bar sounds great. Any bar I can walk in unannounced and eat and then leave is appealing to me.

worth noting is that if this idea comes to fruition, I'd bet you see Kyle Webster(St. Jack) behind the bar.
"If you were expecting a kick in the groin, and you get a slap in the face.......thats a win where I come from"

#147 Amanda

Amanda
  • 7,626 posts
  • Interests:Eating, cooking, kayaking, canoeing, letterboxing

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:18 AM

Glad to see that in the future Beast will have an option other than communal seating.

#148 Jill-O

Jill-O
  • 7,144 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:44 AM

Glad to see that in the future Beast will have an option other than communal seating.

Amen. It is one of the things that makes it not as appealing as other choices for me...especially at that price point.
Never give up! Never surrender!

#149 Egads

Egads
  • Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 09:36 AM

Amen. It is one of the things that makes it not as appealing as other choices for me...especially at that price point.

Absolutely. Too hit and miss. I've had some good experiences with communal dining, and I've had some dreadful experiences. The dreadful experiences are easier to stomach when you're paying $15 per entree rather than $70 per person plus wine.

#150 Calabrese

Calabrese

Desaparecido

• Banned
  • 5,970 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:57 AM

Per Food Dude, Beast is moving to SW 12 across from Gruner.

http://www.portlandf...ing-to-sw-12th/