• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#61 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,350 posts
  • Interests:Me like food.

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:21 PM

I will say that I take the "push pin tack" claim with a grain of salt since it's not from a source I know to be credible and someone who obviously has an axe to grind. I'd say it's more likely they had other problems (I agree with the comments that followed about the service there) and then decided to add the "push pin tack" for emphasis. Anyway, who has a tack in the kitchen?

The greatest service chemistry has rendered to alimentary science, is the discovery of osmazome, or rather the determination of what it was. ~Brillat-Savarin

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole

Co-Author, Artisan Jewish Deli at Home

Formerly, Kenny & Zuke's

#62 nervousxtian

nervousxtian
  • Members
  • 2,128 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:35 PM

I will say that I take the "push pin tack" claim with a grain of salt since it's not from a source I know to be credible and someone who obviously has an axe to grind. I'd say it's more likely they had other problems (I agree with the comments that followed about the service there) and then decided to add the "push pin tack" for emphasis. Anyway, who has a tack in the kitchen?

That came out of a scraped off lamb shank no less? I know we all use aliases on here, well.. a lot of us do, but none of you guys hide behind it. When someone chooses that name, just to bash a place.. my first thought is.. ex-employee or someone with an axe to grind.

Never been here, I just look at the prices and say why not just hit up Toro Bravo?

#63 sacman

sacman
  • 684 posts
  • Interests:FOOD

Posted 01 February 2011 - 09:32 PM

Okay, I'll fess up. I personally know the source, and I'll serve as a character witness, FWIW. The story is about as credible to me as these kinds of things get, without having witnessed it personally.

When the story was recounted to me by one of the people present for the incident, I made an offhand remark that they should post it here, and lo, it was posted.

I can only hope that this poster continues posting here, and that future dining stories also include the positive experiences.

-sacman
- I am an employee of a Portland-based firm that has business relationships with several local food-related businesses.