• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 The Horse Radish

The Horse Radish
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 07:15 AM

My dreams have finally happened :lol: .

Six weeks ago, I opened The Horse Radish, a cheese and wine bar in Carlton. It's been quite an experience opening it up and an exciting experience operating it.

In The Horse Radish, we offer some great cheeses, a few specialty meats, great pates (from Ben at Viande Meats!), fresh local bread and other specialty gourmet food. We are also a wine (and beer :D ) bar offering great local wines by the splash, glass or bottle as well as a few small plates of different selections (i.e. caprese salad, antipasto plate, wild mushroom ragout . . . ). Wine is also sold retail.

From The Horse Radish, you can walk to at least 6 tasting rooms. After walking around and tasting, you can then walk to The Horse Radish, relax in a comfy chair and fill up so you can walk better :angry: !

99% of the time I am there, so please check us out and introduce yourself!

Sabra

P.S. We've got some entertainment booked for the next two Fridays! I'll announce it shortly!

The Horse Radish
211 W. Main St.
Carlton, OR 97111
503-852-6656

Thursday-Monday
9 am - 7 pm
(Fri/Sat 'til 9 pm)

#2 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,045 posts
  • Interests:Me like food.

Posted 24 June 2007 - 10:30 AM

Congratulations!
The greatest service chemistry has rendered to alimentary science, is the discovery of osmazome, or rather the determination of what it was. ~Brillat-Savarin

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole & Kenny & Zuke's

#3 tammi

tammi
  • Members
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 10:40 AM

Wow sounds fun. I'll make a point of stopping on my way to the beach next weekend!

#4 Jamesongrrl

Jamesongrrl
  • Members
  • 1,137 posts
  • Interests:Tied for first: Travel & Food & Motorcycles (particularly my BMW 650 GS)

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:03 AM

Again- Congratulations!
It is a wonderful space.

I had a wonderful time when we stopped there. A great glass of wine, tasty appetizers and the cheese selection is superb.

It will always be a regular stop for me when I'm out that way! (And a destination to visit too.)
Look forward to seeing you soon Sabra!
Jamesongrrl
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.
-J.R.R. Tolkien

#5 foodjunkie

foodjunkie
  • Members
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Dining, food safaris, hiking, fishing, bird hunting, gardening, sustainable agriculture, wild mushrooms, wine, single malt, cigars

Posted 27 June 2007 - 06:41 AM

That's awesome, Sabra! Glad to hear things are going well for you.
A complete lack of caution is perhaps one of the true signs of a real gourmet: he has no need for it, being filled as he is with a God-given and intelligently self-cultivated sense of gastronomical freedom.

M.F.K. Fisher

#6 The Horse Radish

The Horse Radish
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 08:03 AM

Thank you all :) . Look forward to seeing any and all of you at The Horse Radish!

And, we've got some entertainment booked for the next couple of Fridays -- I'll post it in the right section!

Sabra

#7 Amanda

Amanda
  • 7,624 posts
  • Interests:Eating, cooking, kayaking, canoeing, letterboxing

Posted 15 July 2007 - 01:46 PM

Word is spreading that The Horse Radish is an excellent place to grab a bite while in Wine Country. I've heard only good things when I mention its name and that I know Sabra. A guy who lives in Carlton said it was good and my best friend and her mom stopped in there yesterday after a baseball tournament and had an outstanding caprese salad! They absolutely LOVE the place!

I'm thinking of being a designated driver for them when they go there for an annual mom-daughter weekend. If the timing is right and they take me up on it that is when I'll nab my chance to try Horse Radish for myself. Sounds like Sabra has got something that's getting talked about in different circles and that it's a great place.

Great job, Sabra! Hope I can get out there soon to see what all the yakking's about!

Best regards,

Amanda

#8 Amanda

Amanda
  • 7,624 posts
  • Interests:Eating, cooking, kayaking, canoeing, letterboxing

Posted 11 July 2008 - 12:39 PM

I still haven't been out to Wine Country since Sabra opened her sip and nibble spot in Carlton, but The Horse Radish got some good press in the A & E today. Scroll down to the Simple pleasures heading to see the blurb.

http://www.oregonliv...n...&thispage=2

Continued best of luck to you, Sabra, and one of these days maybe I'll get out that way and see you again! Lord knows it's been too long!

Best regards,

Amanda

#9 Quo Vadis

Quo Vadis
  • Members
  • 1,854 posts
  • Interests:You live to serve this ship<br />So serve well, and live<br />-Ben Hur

Posted 12 July 2008 - 06:02 PM

Congrats and best wishes on your new place, it sounds great!
Methinks I am like a man, who having struck on many shoals, and having narrowly escap'd shipwreck in passing a small frith, has yet the temerity to put out to sea in the same leaky weather-beaten vessel, and even carries his ambition so far as to think of compassing the globe under these disadvantageous circumstances-Hume

#10 Angelhair

Angelhair
  • 7,593 posts
  • Interests:film, cooking, literature

Posted 13 July 2008 - 10:54 AM

I just love the Horse Radish and I am always recommending it to people who head out to wine country.