• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Egads

Egads
  • Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 09:18 AM

parece que El Brasero ha cerrado.

NO! I hope this isn't foreshadowing for the other carts in that lot.

I doubt it...I heard recently, don't recall where (either this site, or the other one, or in a local weekly) that there's some new cart going in there @ SE 12th. (Presumably in addition to the others, not as a replacement.)

#22 EatinMachine

EatinMachine
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 01:17 PM

It's open today at the lunch hour. Thank god.

#23 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,350 posts
  • Interests:Me like food.

Posted 06 February 2008 - 03:24 PM

They were open last night, too, when I drove by.

The greatest service chemistry has rendered to alimentary science, is the discovery of osmazome, or rather the determination of what it was. ~Brillat-Savarin

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole

Co-Author, Artisan Jewish Deli at Home

Formerly, Kenny & Zuke's

#24 Markovitch

Markovitch

chinese w-rapper.

• Members
  • 925 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 04:48 PM

yup. mea culpa

#25 Flynn

Flynn
  • Secondary Admin
  • 3,681 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 05:10 PM

Let's ban Markovitch, I says.

#26 Cat Lancaster

Cat Lancaster
  • 2,524 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 09:02 PM

well fuck me for trying to break news. they were open and slinging burritos yesterday.

I saw your post from yesterday and was curious about what was going on. This morning riding the bus to work I wouldn't even read the paper {hell! after watching four hours of election coverage last night and then *dying* to know what The Times said this morning, but not being able to read it in case I missed the turn at 12th & Hawthorne} so that I could check out the lot. All the four carts were still there...

You must be a Huckabee supporter :)

Cat
"travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness" ~ Mark Twain

"I'm not a picky eater, but I'm picky about what I eat." ~ Me

#27 Twitch

Twitch
  • Members
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 07:22 PM

After several times swinging by in the past few months to find them closed, the planets finally aligned tonight on my way home. I had two barbacoa tacos, two of the pollo enchilado, and a side of guac.

Bottom to top:

Spicy chicken: good heat, too sweet for my palate, ate them too fast to notice the dimensions of flavor.

Guac - this is not like most guac I've had in America - it has an acidic body, like a green sauce, with small chunks of avocado and good heat. It is not something I'd eat for avocado flavor, but it makes a good moderately hot condiment.

Lamb barbacoa - hol-ee-shit. If T9's wild boar carnitas is a 10, this is my 9. The lamb is so pure and less gamey than so many other lamb preparations. Fucking delicious.

Oh yeah, hours are 12-9, mostly 7 days a week (sometimes closed Sundays).

#28 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,350 posts
  • Interests:Me like food.

Posted 05 May 2009 - 11:16 PM

Got some consome tonight (lamb broth with rice and garbanzos) and found out they're now open 21 hours per day, 7 days a week. They just close to clean up from 3-6am. But they can often serve you up some food even then. They're also looking to open a second truck over near Alberta & Albina.

The greatest service chemistry has rendered to alimentary science, is the discovery of osmazome, or rather the determination of what it was. ~Brillat-Savarin

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole

Co-Author, Artisan Jewish Deli at Home

Formerly, Kenny & Zuke's

#29 EatinMachine

EatinMachine
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 09:47 AM

Good to know about the hours. I was worried because on Friday, May 1, I went here for lunch and found it closed. Headed over to the truck at 34th and Division and it was closed too. Seemed weird. May Day? Swine Flu? Extended Cinco de Mayo celebration?