• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Markovitch

Markovitch

chinese w-rapper.

• Members
  • 925 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 01:02 PM

as requested, I'm lettin' ya'll know that El Brasero is open for biz, 7 dias al semana.

#2 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,350 posts
  • Interests:Me like food.

Posted 30 May 2007 - 02:11 PM

Grassy-ass.

The greatest service chemistry has rendered to alimentary science, is the discovery of osmazome, or rather the determination of what it was. ~Brillat-Savarin

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole

Co-Author, Artisan Jewish Deli at Home

Formerly, Kenny & Zuke's

#3 Jill-O

Jill-O
  • 7,144 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 02:38 PM

In that same parking lot (diag. across from Burgerville) there is also a new cart: My Sister's Soup. (I know, just what you wanted on the hottest day of the year! ;o)
Never give up! Never surrender!

#4 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,350 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 05:43 PM

Stopped by El Brasero today. They're not doing barbacoa de borrego right now because they don't think enough people will eat it and they don't want to waste expensive lamb. I suspect it's because their customer base is now gringo rather than mexicano. They seem happy with the new locale. Apparently Gresham was a bitch to work with on permits, etc. Good for us, bad for them since they spent a bunch of money for nothing on that last location.

I got the ceviche, $4.50 for a medium sized tostada with a lot of chips. Not bad, but not near as good as that shrimp ceviche from Dos Amigos out east. Brasero was using the small salad shrimp, but they didn't have any off taste. Decent tomatoes and cucumbers in it as well, plus topped with avocado.

Stop by. They could use the boost in business. Tell them you're interested in the lamb.

Might be time for an near-in eastside taco crawl, now. Maybe I could pay for a full order of borrego.

The greatest service chemistry has rendered to alimentary science, is the discovery of osmazome, or rather the determination of what it was. ~Brillat-Savarin

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole

Formerly, Kenny & Zuke's

#5 Amanda

Amanda
  • 7,626 posts
  • Interests:Eating, cooking, kayaking, canoeing, letterboxing

Posted 14 June 2007 - 01:40 AM

I'm all over another taco truck crawl!

Best regards,

Amanda

#6 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,350 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 01:10 AM

Talked to them. They're doing limited amounts of barbacoa now. I HIGHLY recommend it. Request it so that it survives!

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole

Formerly, Kenny & Zuke's

#7 Jill-O

Jill-O
  • 7,144 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:29 AM

In that same parking lot (diag. across from Burgerville) there is also a new cart: My Sister's Soup. (I know, just what you wanted on the hottest day of the year! ;o)

And now, in addition to those two carts (El Brasero, My Sister's Soup) there is a third cart sitting there without signage. It's looking like this is going to be an east side pod...
Never give up! Never surrender!

#8 Vincenzo

Vincenzo
  • Members
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:History, Wine, Food & Eating Well, Trains, Reading & Books; Gardening...all of the above and it's Golden ('tho gardening on trains is a bit difficult)

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:11 AM

Joy of joys! Working three blocks away, I have worn a rut in the concrete to the little bento joint on SE 7th & Main because I had determined there was so little lunch thta's reliable, consistent (and quick) in the neighborhood. And now some real cusina mexicana, and they're there Sundays too?...I swoon. ~V

as requested, I'm lettin' ya'll know that El Brasero is open for biz, 7 dias al semana.

#9 Olivia

Olivia
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:14 AM

Yay! I work about 5 - 7 blocks from these trucks. Vincenzo, I know that Bento place you are talking about. I'm tired eating there too. I guess I need to have cash with me now so I can get something from these trucks. :P.

#10 polloelastico

polloelastico
  • Members
  • 2,749 posts
  • Interests:Tantric yoga and deck shuffleboard

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:58 AM

Joy of joys! Working three blocks away, I have worn a rut in the concrete to the little bento joint on SE 7th & Main because I had determined there was so little lunch thta's reliable, consistent (and quick) in the neighborhood. And now some real cusina mexicana, and they're there Sundays too?...I swoon. ~V

I stopped by on a Sunday last month and El Brasero was closed. I hope they've decided to open.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” — George Carlin

#11 LionRock

LionRock
  • Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 09:58 AM

Talked to them. They're doing limited amounts of barbacoa now. I HIGHLY recommend it. Request it so that it survives!

Thanks for the tip...I'll be heading there in the next couple of days, and wil keep my fingers crossed that they have some barbacoa.

#12 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,350 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:18 AM

Note that it's barbacoa de borrego, lamb barbacoa.

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole

Formerly, Kenny & Zuke's

#13 LionRock

LionRock
  • Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:29 AM

Note that it's barbacoa de borrego, lamb barbacoa.

Duly noted. I've never had barbacoa de borrego, so I really hope they have it. It's a pretty easy location for me to get to, though, so if they don't have it I'll get something else and ask the best time/day to return to get the the lamb. I will defintely make my interest known, though.

#14 vrunka

vrunka
  • Members
  • 703 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:28 AM

Does anyone know how late in the day they're open?

#15 LionRock

LionRock
  • Members
  • 382 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:29 AM

Went here over the weekend for a couple of barbacoa tacos. Very good, and the price was right too (spent about 4 bucks including tip and a Sidral Mundet.) I'll be heading back soon to try the consome.

#16 Markovitch

Markovitch

chinese w-rapper.

• Members
  • 925 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 12:58 PM

parece que El Brasero ha cerrado.

#17 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,350 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 02:23 PM

chigada ya

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole

Formerly, Kenny & Zuke's

#18 MaBell

MaBell
  • Members
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 02:32 PM

parece que El Brasero ha cerrado.

NO! I hope this isn't foreshadowing for the other carts in that lot.
Homer: Are you saying you're never going to eat any animal again? What about bacon?
Lisa: No.
Homer: Ham?
Lisa: No.
Homer: Pork chops?
Lisa: Dad, those all come from the same animal.
Homer: Heh heh heh. Ooh, yeah, right, Lisa. A wonderful, magical animal.

#19 Markovitch

Markovitch

chinese w-rapper.

• Members
  • 925 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 02:35 PM

they were towing away Eperanza's this morning

#20 Markovitch

Markovitch

chinese w-rapper.

• Members
  • 925 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:19 AM

well fuck me for trying to break news. they were open and slinging burritos yesterday.