Cafe D'Arte Replaces Segafredo Zanetti

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 myswandive

myswandive
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:28 AM

Has anyone been to the new Segafredo Zanetti at NE 15th & Weidler? Looking for feedback on lunch...

#2 Daaaaave

Daaaaave
  • Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 10:43 AM

I got one of their panini and a scone (from Nuvrei bakery) a couple weeks ago.

The panino was nothing special. Slightly soggy grilled bread, but the San Daniele prosciutto was in good shape, albeit a tiny bit thick and chewy. Came perched on a small salad of greens with split grape tomatoes and olives.

The scone was nice. Slightly cakey, not as dry or dense as most of the ones you find around town. I'd say the desserts are a better bet than their sandwiches.

#3 Kathryn

Kathryn
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 07:14 PM

Segafredo on NE 15th is no more. In its place is "Cafe D'Arte"; saw a small neon sign on their window. That's all I know.

#4 StMaximo

StMaximo
  • Members
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 07:25 PM

Segafredo on NE 15th is no more. In its place is "Cafe D'Arte"; saw a small neon sign on their window. That's all I know.

Cafe D'Arte espresso rocks. It's a Seattle roaster. They used to have a presence in PDX about 18 years ago.

#5 Egads

Egads
  • Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 08:24 PM

Wow, that was fast. That place, I think, is one of those seems-like-a-good-location-until-you-move-in places. It's got great visibility, yet no parking. Kiss of death, I think.

#6 scarletb

scarletb
  • Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 09:00 PM

I found myself there yesterday by accident, looking for food and free wifi. Apparently, Grand Central doesn't have wifi, but I'd guess I could've gotten a connection. Anyway, the three young women behind the counter looked very bored as there was only one table seated (granted, it was an odd hour at 5:00). I was informed that it was their opening day and drinks were free. I had some tea and got to work and smiled every time someone walked in the door and was informed that their drink was free - must be fun to give away free drinks.
They had about 6 panini sandwiches, mostly the same ingredients with one or two variations. I had a caprese - very good flavor, bread looked like it was wheat flour, was very buttered so was greasy and soft and I prefer crispier paninis, but decent. Came with very good mixed greens with olives and tomatoes and an Italian vinaigrette. All were about $6.50 I think.

They had a deli case with three or four different quiches and four or five varieties of stuffed croissants, which all looked very good and flaky. There were a few other baked goods like cookies.

Sterile environment, and cold, and I didn't try their coffee. Also, they had a large tv in a corner that was showing a soccer game.

I doubt I will go back, as I like the sandwiches at Grand Central and coffee at Peet's but it worked at the time.