FLAVOURspot Waffle Stand

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#61 Plump_and_Juicy

Plump_and_Juicy
  • Members
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 08:13 AM

Great! Maybe this can be an event I could actually organize. When is a good time to do this? I can't do it this Saturday, but everyone who is interested, please feel free to toss out some weekend dates when we might swoop down and partake!

If we decide on a good date and time that works for most I will start a new thread and away we GOOOOOO!

Best regards,

Amanda

Amanda, would you like to start a new thread about getting together at FlavourSpot on Lombard this Sunday morning?

#62 Amanda

Amanda
  • 7,626 posts
  • Interests:Eating, cooking, kayaking, canoeing, letterboxing

Posted 01 May 2008 - 08:20 AM

Yes I would. I'm off today so if I can do it from home I will, otherwise I will set up a new thread tomorrow to round up the troops and head for FlavourSpot on Lombard!

Best regards,

Amanda

#63 Plump_and_Juicy

Plump_and_Juicy
  • Members
  • 2,080 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 08:29 AM

Yes I would. I'm off today so if I can do it from home I will, otherwise I will set up a new thread tomorrow to round up the troops and head for FlavourSpot on Lombard!

Best regards,

Amanda

Thanks. I want my usual sausage and maple but want to try something else as well. Mr P and J brought home a lemon curd waffle for me the last time but it suffered in transit. I can't wait!

#64 Daaaaave

Daaaaave
  • Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 08:42 AM

Well, just because I can't help but stick my nose back in and create a little trouble, I was thinking a trip to the other spot on Fremont might create the opportunity for a Mississippi brunch cart crawl. FlavourSpot, Tita's Pista, Moxie, Junior Ambassadors, and a couple others I can't recall. Maybe even stopping in to see the fine people at the Meadow.

#65 vj

vj
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:37 AM

Hey all -
I just got this email recently:

Greeting food eaters!

Well it has been four years now since we opened the shop on Lombard, and to celebrate we have opened a new shop downtown! Yes, you can now find us on the corner of SW 3rd and Ash in the Red trailer (next to Captain Rick's Wild Seafood).

Our shiny new (well, new to us) red trailer has a stove & flat-top grill, so expect eggs to be available daily as well as some more complex specials now that we have a stove (pan fried goat cheese, w/pancetta, green apples & rosemary butter for instance) !

Current hours are: M-F 8am-2pm, Saturday 10am-2pm
Late night: Friday/Saturday 11pm-3AM

We?ll be expanding hours and adding more late-night days as the weather gets better and we get all the kinks ironed out.

Speaking of hours:

Starting Saturday night (6/12) our Fremont shop will be open for summer hours:

Mon-Sat 9AM-dark (or later)
Sunday 9AM-3PM)

And we will be serving grilled all-beef or deep-fried vegan hot dogs from lunch to close. What goes better with old fashioned soft serve Ice Cream than a hot dog? Ok maybe a waffle?maybe.

Once again thank you all for your good wishes and continued support- we couldn?t have made it this far without you. Let?s hope we celebrate 5 years next June!

Best regards,

Your friendly neighborhood FLAVOURspot

#66 Amanda

Amanda
  • 7,626 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:11 AM

I am so doomed.

Best regards,

Amanda

#67 vj

vj
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 12:12 PM

I wonder if they have hot dogs at the Fremont FlavourSpot? I'd definitely be doomed.

#68 ariel88

ariel88
  • Members
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 12:42 PM

Greeting food eaters!

Well it has been four years now since we opened the shop on Lombard, and to celebrate we have opened a new shop downtown! Yes, you can now find us on the corner of SW 3rd and Ash in the Red trailer (next to Captain Rick's Wild Seafood).

Our shiny new (well, new to us) red trailer has a stove & flat-top grill, so expect eggs to be available daily as well as some more complex specials now that we have a stove (pan fried goat cheese, w/pancetta, green apples & rosemary butter for instance) !

Current hours are: M-F 8am-2pm, Saturday 10am-2pm
Late night: Friday/Saturday 11pm-3AM

Sweet!!!! So this is open already then?

#69 vj

vj
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 01:06 PM

Yep, sure is. I think it just opened this weekend or last week.

#70 Amanda

Amanda
  • 7,626 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 01:50 PM

I passed by Flavorspot over at the newly-forming pod on SW 3rd & Ash. It was already closed up tight, though. I've got it on my radar, though, and will be stopping by for something to nibble at some point in the not too distant future. Next to it is Rick's Wild Seafood (which was sold out of almost everything) and a new bright pink cart called Ninja Plate, which has Hawaiian fare. Fried Spam was on the board, but I'm not really interested in that. I might try the shoyu chicken sometime, though. I'll be glad to get over to Flavorspot when they are open. Maybe I'll hop over there on first break sometime and get a sausage and maple waffle. YUM!

Best regards,

Amanda

#71 Amanda

Amanda
  • 7,626 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:49 AM

FLAVOURspot is the Groupon deal of the day. Click on the link on this site to obtain!!!

#72 Amanda

Amanda
  • 7,626 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:25 AM

I used my Groupon to grab a sausage maple waffle at the Flavorspot cart over on SW 3rd & Ash. It was great. It sure is nice to have them nearby now. Beats heading to North PDX for a good waffle fix.

Best regards,

Amanda