• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 GizmoCat

GizmoCat
  • Members
  • 729 posts
  • Interests:Wine, Food, Music, Travel

Posted 02 November 2006 - 06:46 PM

Okay, do I have the name right or have a been smokin' something? What is the name of the wine shop in Cannon Beach? I could have sworn that it was Laurel's but a web search has turned up nadda. ;)

Thanks!

#2 wineangel

wineangel
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 07:00 PM

There is her shop up there, I'm pretty sure you got the name spelled right, and there is also the Wine Shack, which is my personal preference. Dean is the owner there and he is very knowledgable about your basic table wine to his chest full of Old First growth Bordeauxs and Burgundies.

#3 GizmoCat

GizmoCat
  • Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 09:48 PM

There is her shop up there, I'm pretty sure you got the name spelled right, and there is also the Wine Shack, which is my personal preference. Dean is the owner there and he is very knowledgable about your basic table wine to his chest full of Old First growth Bordeauxs and Burgundies.

Thanks Wineangel. Oh you had to go and mention great Burgndies now didn't you! I LOVE great Burgundies...white and red. My favorite whites are Mersaults. Alas, I do not have any Merseaults "in house" right now.

#4 GizmoCat

GizmoCat
  • Members
  • 729 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 09:49 PM

Thanks Wineangel. Oh you had to go and mention great Burgndies now didn't you! I LOVE great Burgundies...white and red. My favorite whites are Mersaults. Alas, I do not have any Merseaults "in house" right now.

My typing (and spelling) seem to suck tonight....and I haven't even been drinking Burgundies! ;)

#5 StMaximo

StMaximo
  • Members
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 07:47 AM

Here's Laurel's Address - The Shop is on the North End of town on the east side of the street across from the Candy Shop - Bruces? The Wine Shack is further south on the west side of the street.

Laurel's Cannon Beach Wine Shp
(503) 436-1666
263 N Hemlock St # 2
Cannon Beach, OR 97110

BTW - Laurel has her own vineyard and bottles Pinot from the property which is on Ribbon Ridge - Good Stuff. She was the Mayor of Cannon Beach a few years back.

#6 hidenseek

hidenseek
  • Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 08:15 AM

The Shop is on the North End of town on the east side of the street across from the Candy Shop - Bruces? The Wine Shack is further south on the west side of the street.

Yep, Bruce's Candy Kitchen. And the Wine Shack across the small plaza from the entrance to the Coaster Theater. Don't know if they do it during the off-season, but during the summer, Wine Shack has tastings upstairs, usually fairly obscure wineries.

Does Laurel have her own label? Not related to Laurel Ridge is she?

#7 Angelhair

Angelhair
  • 7,660 posts
  • Interests:film, cooking, literature

Posted 03 November 2006 - 08:29 AM

"Does Laurel have her own label? Not related to Laurel Ridge is she?"

She does have her own label, but I am not sure what the name is. She was pouring tastes of a pinot when we were in the shop in the Spring.

#8 wineangel

wineangel
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 02:40 PM

Her label is Laurel Hood.