• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 enjoyseverythingpdx

enjoyseverythingpdx
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 05:26 PM

Hey guys!
Long time no speak! I just started grad school at PSU so my schedule has been crazy but I've been reading the books on the list-- I just haven't been able to do the fun part: join you guys!

Anyway, I have a question. So I am trying to set up a fundraiser for women in the congo-- if you guys don't know what's going on there, massive genocide not on anyone's radar, very sad "An estimated 3.3 million people have died as a result of the conflict since 1998, and tens of thousands of women have been raped" (for more info, click here http://www.womenforwomen.org/congo.htm) A friend of mine is very passionate about this conflict and has asked me to help her on a run for women in the congo. Problem with that: I totally don't run. I do food. This is an absolutely tragic situation and I want to be able to do my part to help.

So, I was wondering-- those iron chef events-- do you know who organizes them? do they benefit the same charity every time? Are there any other fun food events that you can think of that I can work on organizing?

ummm... you guys rock!! thanks in advance for reading!!
Fatima

#2 enjoyseverythingpdx

enjoyseverythingpdx
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 31 August 2006 - 09:17 AM

OK. New take on it, since no one bit:

does anyone know about any pizza baking contests in town? I had a friend visit from out of town and he noticed all of the pizza places in Portland. I'd love a Pizza Bake-Off-- anyone seen anything like this??