http://www.bing.com/...tober-13th.aspx

#82 Angelhair

Angelhair
  • 7,660 posts
  • Interests:film, cooking, literature

Posted 06 October 2010 - 03:33 PM

More info from the Bing blog
http://www.bing.com/...tober-13th.aspx

Thanks for finding that! That explains a lot.

#83 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,350 posts
  • Interests:Me like food.

Posted 09 October 2010 - 10:14 AM

The bing ad here has updated now. When you click on it, it has the info for the free food at the left.

The greatest service chemistry has rendered to alimentary science, is the discovery of osmazome, or rather the determination of what it was. ~Brillat-Savarin

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole

Co-Author, Artisan Jewish Deli at Home

Formerly, Kenny & Zuke's

#84 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,350 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 12:45 PM

http://pdx.eater.com...rl-district.php

According to a well-placed tipster, several of Portland's big-name cart owners met yesterday at the corner of Northwest 14th and Flanders Street to talk business. Word is that the owners of a building in that vicinity (possibly the vacant Ford Graphics structure?) are interested in turning a formerly industrial space into a mixed-use public market a la Vancouver B.C.'s Granville Island Public Market or Seattle Pike Place Market. No word on whether or not this will impact downtown's long-debated James Beard Public Market.

The greatest service chemistry has rendered to alimentary science, is the discovery of osmazome, or rather the determination of what it was. ~Brillat-Savarin

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole

Formerly, Kenny & Zuke's

#85 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,350 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 12:49 PM

http://pdx.eater.com...la-for-sale.php

A tipster reports that a new cart pod is setting up shop on 52nd and Foster. Carts on Foster — which promises indoor seating and a "small bar serving unique adult beverages" — is currently taking applications for food cart tenants.

This bandwagon has become a roaring freight train of broken dreams. Hence the other half of the Eater post...

Good news/Bad news for cart lovers/potential cart owners — two downtown trucks have recently gone up for sale. Spring Kennedy and Mellisa Verheulhe, the chef/owners behind the Lovin Spoonfull, have put their cart on the market to open a restaurant in Lincoln City. Also up for grabs: Valhalla Sandwich Co., which is available for purchase or rent.

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole

Formerly, Kenny & Zuke's

#86 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,350 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:05 PM

Not sure if the free food will be at one of the spots below, all of the spots, or at yet another spot. I suggest clicking on the ad on the page at the appropriate time to figure it out. Then the only question is whether you tell everyone else before or after you get your free meal...

Just a friendly reminder that Bing will be in Portland tomorrow (10/13) to spotlight Portland’s vibrant food scene and celebrate the success its seen with the Bing Food Cart Finder map app.

Lowdown: Tomorrow (10/13), Bing will be giving away up to 1,500 free meals dished up by some of Portland’s most popular food carts. At breakfast, lunch and happy hour, Bing is bringing together a group of food carts at three “secret” locations (one per meal) to serve the first 500 Portlanders who find the location and show up for a free meal. The locations, as well as the participating food carts, will be unveiled with a special golden spork on the Bing Food Cart Finder map app at 7 a.m., 11 a.m., and 4 p.m. PT.

To give you a taste of who is participating in the free food day, check out a few of the participating vendors and a few menu items that will likely make your mouth water.

•Breakfast @ 7:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. – FlavourSpot (Sausage and Maple Waffle), Big-Ass Sandwiches and Ninja Plate Lunch.
•Lunch @ 12 p.m. – 1:30p.m. – KOI Fusion (Bulgogi Burrito), Garden State and Domo Dogs.
•Happy Hour @ 4:30 p.m. – 6 p.m. – We’re saving happy hour as a surprise, but wanted to unveil at least one of the vendors which will be Potato Champion! Plus, the popular indie/rock/pop local band, “World’s Greatest Ghosts” will be performing for free at the happy hour location!

Be sure to check out the Bing Food Cart Finder map app at 7 a.m. PT, 11 a.m. PT and 4 p.m. PT to find the golden sporks. For more event information, check out the Bing Food Cart Finder map app. Hope you can check out the event tomorrow!

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole

Formerly, Kenny & Zuke's

#87 Angelhair

Angelhair
  • 7,660 posts
  • Interests:film, cooking, literature

Posted 12 October 2010 - 10:14 PM

from Garden State's Twitter feed: "Bed finally after a no-show had me prepping late. Where to get a free porchetta sandwich tomorrow? 11am, here"

#88 SarahWS

SarahWS
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 10:56 PM

I think Domo Dogs are participating based on their twitter feed.

kay, y'all here it comes! We've been sworn to secrecy and we still are, BUT we ARE allowed to tell everybody... http://fb.me/KMGBDo6A

Today's the day~ Are you ready to play? Read the post below and get into this thang. We'll see ya there!

#89 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,350 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:44 AM

So where was breakfast? Looks like lunch is downtown at Park & Yamhill with Domo Dogs, Koi Fusion and Garden State at noon. Click on the ad for more info. First 500 people are free.

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole

Formerly, Kenny & Zuke's

#90 philthyanimal

philthyanimal
  • Members
  • 465 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:29 PM

just got back from director park...i got screwed out of the garden state line bc of the bing staff who said they ran out of food. when i changed lines garden state magically had 4 more sandwiches(i would have been 2nd in line). Google>Bing

#91 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,350 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:12 PM

Did you still end up getting free food?

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole

Formerly, Kenny & Zuke's

#92 Jill-O

Jill-O
  • 7,144 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:33 PM

Jeez, Phil, even I would buy you lunch on your birthday!! Hope it's a good one and that someone gave you a free lunch today! ;o)
Never give up! Never surrender!

#93 HappyHourHero

HappyHourHero
  • Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:28 PM

I just went and got the free Pyro's Pizza for "happy hour." It was really quiet when I got there. There were quite a few hipsters lurking around and then a horrible hipster band came on, so I walked around the block while eating my pizza. There were still a bunch of coupons left when I rode away. Thanks Bing!

#94 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,350 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:46 AM

http://blogs.wweek.c...iving-sandwich/

Posted Image

If you want to have a Thanksgiving dinner, but you wish to avoid your family this holiday season, Portland’s own Big-Ass Sandwich cart will help you out with that. Many have flocked to the popular downtown cart today, challenging themselves and each other to finish the brand new Big-Ass Thanksgiving sandwich—available today through Monday, Nov. 22, as well as Black Friday, Nov. 26.

“I’ve sold 17 of those things in about an hour,” says Lisa Wood of the Big-Ass Sandwich cart. “It’s f@*!ing ridiculous!”

The Big-Ass cart, on 3rd and Ash, has created a $9 Thanksgiving sandwich that successfully packs in all the dishes of the turkey day feast into one colossally tasty and festive amalgamation.

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole

Formerly, Kenny & Zuke's

#95 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,350 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:48 AM

Another Cuban cart:

http://blogs.wweek.c...l-cubo-de-cuba/

Last week, the street welcomed El Cubo de Cuba, a tiny yellow caravan serving up Cuban fare, including Cuban sandwiches (hey, more pork sandwiches!), tostones and maduras.

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole

Formerly, Kenny & Zuke's

#96 Amanda

Amanda
  • 7,626 posts
  • Interests:Eating, cooking, kayaking, canoeing, letterboxing

Posted 14 February 2011 - 02:44 PM

I passed by the 5th & Oak pod about a half hour ago. Looks like New Taste of India is no longer with us. There are two signs on the cart. One says Closed for maternity leave return December 2010 or something to that effect. The other is a for sale sign.

Best regards,

Amanda