Photo

August Book Club

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#121 tejon

tejon
  • 685 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 11:35 AM

I loved Heat! Read it in just about one sitting, which had the effect of submerging me deep into Italian food and history. Now I'm itching to make a proper tortellini on the tip of my little finger. The back of the kitchen stuff was fascinating as well, both the politics and the simple grueling toil of each shift. And of course, Mario shines larger than life (which seems to be about right, doesn't it?).
- Kathy

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

#122 craig

craig
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 11:43 AM

How about Heat for the Sept book?
"Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside." -- Mark Twain

#123 ducky

ducky
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 12:18 PM

If I get mine from the library tuesday, I'll probably read it in one sitting (or walking or bus riding) and I could pass it on to Amanda or anybody that wants to meet me for happy hour or something as long as it goes back to the library eventually. We were talking a Cook's Tour because Kaetum hadn't read any Bourdain yet, and several people hadn't read ACT, but either one works for me.
Pamela

Eating is not merely a material pleasure. Eating well gives a spectacular joy to life
and contributes immensely to goodwill and happy companionship.
It is of great importance to the morale.

-Elsa Schiaparelli

(Avatar is the cover of Sunlight Cafe by Mollie Katzen)

#124 tejon

tejon
  • 685 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 12:22 PM

I have a copy of Heat to pass along for anyone who needs one as well, since I just finished it.
- Kathy

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

#125 ducky

ducky
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 12:26 PM

I think I'll start the September thread so we can carry on there and pull in people that are interested for next month.
Pamela

Eating is not merely a material pleasure. Eating well gives a spectacular joy to life
and contributes immensely to goodwill and happy companionship.
It is of great importance to the morale.

-Elsa Schiaparelli

(Avatar is the cover of Sunlight Cafe by Mollie Katzen)