Hong Phat

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EvaB

EvaB
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 04:49 PM

I happened to go to the 82nd x Burnside location yesterday (Sunday) in the early afternoon. The place was absolutely mobbed and the parking lot essentially full. It is definitely Jackfruit season (coming soon to the Cool Moon near you)! 

What really impressed me was the array of interesting items in the many display areas in their prepared food area. Far greater selection than I usually see when I go during the week. I got a fantastic warm braised catfish dish in a dark, slightly sweet, very spicy, soy/fish sauce sauce. Whole hot red peppers and green onion. Really good, especially with rice. 

Next time I will check it out a little earlier. I bet the selection was even greater around 11:30-noonish.

EB

Cool Moon Ice Cream

with apologies to Jack Prelutsky's "Bleezer's Ice Cream Store"

I am Eva Marianna
I run COOL MOON ICE CREAM STORE,
there are flavors in my freezer you have never seen before,
twenty-eight divine creations too delicious to resist,
why not do yourself a favor, try the flavors on my list...

#2 vj

vj
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 07:34 AM

Cool! Thanks, Eva...

(I wonder what jackfruit ice cream tastes like. I may have to check this out... :)

#3 apetickler

apetickler
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 04:03 PM

The deli area of the store has gone through a few iterations since they opened. At first, it was an excellent bakery, but then the people who ran it moved to Seattle. It’s been set up the way it is now for a while, so hopefully it’s here to stay. My favorite items are bittermelon soup and whole fried fish.

#4 pwillen1

pwillen1
  • Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 05:35 AM

the "pickle bar" at H mart is also worth a weekend trip. I like to go Sunday when many are in church. you can sample almost every cured item then buy what you like by the package or pound.