Tight Tacos (935 SE Cesar E Chavez)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 austinhaas

austinhaas
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 12 November 2016 - 02:38 PM

Near Belmont. Across from Walgreen's and the library.

http://tighttacos.com

I just ate a couple tacos from this cart and they were some of the best tacos I've had in Portland. The carnitas were juicy and crispy. Lots of cilantro. The tortillas were great; hand-made, nice thickness. Pickled veggies on the side.

#2 crepeguy

crepeguy
  • Members
  • 385 posts
  • Interests:Purveyor of skinny pancakes.

Posted 12 November 2016 - 06:36 PM

I tried them just after they first opened. I had a few al pastor tacos as it came highly recommended + the meat's carved off a rotating spit (which we don't find too much of here). The tacos were bland, no flavor whatsoever. I was surprised as there's a lot of buzz for this cart--it's a hot spot for instagrammers. Maybe I went on an off day. I really like their white and black aethetic with the minimalist menu painted on the side of the gas station garage, LA style . . . Come to think of it, that's probably why the instagram jet set like it too.

In all seriousness, however, I will now have to go back to try their carnitas taco.

Has anyone else been to Tight Tacos? 

#3 polloelastico

polloelastico
  • Members
  • 2,749 posts
  • Interests:Tantric yoga and deck shuffleboard

Posted 20 November 2016 - 01:00 PM

Extramsg has been here recently and I believe enjoyed their pastor. I've stopped by a couple times and they were closed, so I haven't had the chance yet. I saw something recently about them moving to South Waterfront?

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” — George Carlin