Posted 08 October 2016 - 07:08 AM

8058 E. MILL PLAIN BLVD.
VANCOUVER, WASHINGTON

PHONE:

HOURS

Mon-Fri 11am-9pm
Sat & Sun 10am-9pm

http://www.smokehouseprovisions.com/

Just opened Oct. 7. I'll be there this weekend. Any suggestions as to first bites? No menu on the website yet, so hoping it'll be similar to their first two locations. (To avoid duplication, I searched and couldn't find any previous entry for Smokehouse on this site.)

Per Eater, the place sounds big at around 3500 square feet, and the dining room and bar area will seat around 80. And then two separate patio areas, with an indoor/outdoor space seating 40, and a second patio seating 30.

All that beautiful parking at The Mill to be shared with Ben's Bottle Shop and Rally Pizza.

UPDATE 10/14 (in bold): I just went at 11 am today, Oct. 8th, to find them closed. Contrary to the stated hours, the sign posted on the door says that the first lunch service begins on 10/10 and first brunch service begins on 10/22 per our server.

I'd call first to make sure they're open, but I didn't see a telephone number for the Provisions location.

Updated 11/2: per Smokehouse website, new address (really!?), hours, telephone no. Information seems more "fluid" than most :think:

#2 ppilot

ppilot
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 09:54 AM

So the wife and I went to their opening night on Friday and they were super busy. First question I have is what style of BBQ is the smokehouse chain based on?  I ask because that style just might not be my thing.  Anyway here's the summary:

Beet Salad with goat cheese

Special Veggie - Brussel Sprouts 

Two 1/4 chicken peices - One White  meat and one Dark

- Burnt Ends

- Baked Beans

Summary - Sides - The beet salad was pretty good, brussel sprouts above average, and the baked beans flat out bad (had absolute no flavor at all). 

The Meats - Chicken - the skin was very leathery and had an insane amount of seasoning on it.  The meat itself was more peppery than smokey and really paled in comparison to other chicken I've had around town. But that might just be the BBQ style. Not bad, but I am willing to bet there are better options even in Vancouver

- Burnt Ends - I really didn't like these as they looked nothing like Burnt ends I've seen.  I t was cubed up brisket with not a lot of smoke flavor and tasted like they had been sitting in some kind of sauce (which wasn't good) for a little too long.

Overall I would classify the food as OK and probably someplace we would probably give more one shot once things calm down.

#3 WAfoodie

WAfoodie
  • Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 01:37 PM

We enjoyed a nice lunch today with their brisket, spareribs, potato salad, wedge salad, and cocktail. Our usual barbecue place is Podnah's and our first impressions of Smokehouse is that their smoke is mild to medium vs. Podnah's bolder smoke and that's okay by us. Both have their place.

We really enjoyed their sauces labeled classic, vinegar, mustard and hot and their delicious potato salad which we found to be very balanced with their garlic pickle, shallots, and whole grain mustard. Meats were tender and not overly fatty. Wedge salad was very flavorful with the chopped eggs, bacon, and blue cheese dressing and it had delicious pickled red onions that were sweet and tangy. I'd definitely order one of their pickle plates next time. Also, if you want to try more things and don't want to commit to lbs. or racks of meat, you can order items like the spareribs, for instance, by the piece.

Co-foodie really liked their Little Honda cocktail.

I definitely want to return to try more items especially during their brunch service which will begin on 10/22 according to today's server.

#4 WAfoodie

WAfoodie
  • Members
  • 546 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:51 AM

Per Smokehouse website, new address (really!?), hours, telephone no.

Information seems more "fluid" than most :think: