Tomato and Pepper Starts

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 StMaximo

StMaximo
  • Members
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:52 PM

I've bought Uncle Wayne's tomato and pepper starts for the last couple of years. They have a huge selection of heirloom tomatoes and super hot peppers as well as many unusual varieties. They're really high quality and do better than any other starts I've purchased. 

This season's list is now up and you can reserve your plants now. 

They show up at some farmers markets too and you can pick up plants there.

Where you can see and purchase our plants:

By appointment here at our farm - 23430 SE Filbert RD, Eagle Creek, OR 97022-8687. Please call or email ahead so we will be sure to be here when you come.

Februay 27, 2016 at the Molalla Farm Fair, at the Molalla High School.

April 22,23,24, 2016 at the Clark County Event Center, near Interstate 5, just north of the junction with I205.  more info

April 30 and May 2nd, 2016 at the Spring Garden Fair, Clackamas County Event Center, Canby, OR [more info]

Beaverton Farmers Market, Beaverton, OR, Saturdays - May 7, 14, 21, 28, 2016

From their newsletter:

2016 Plant list is on line

My seed catalogs have been read, my eyes are blury and my browser is "dog eared". 

As of today, our tomato and pepper list for 2016 is posted on our web site.  Please remember that this is a preliminary list and may change due to back-ordered seeds or failed germination.

"I did it myself", so if you find typos and/or errors, please forgive and advise me so I can make corrections.

With the wonderful help of a talented teenager (who for security reasons will remain nameless) Uncle Waynes Tomatoes has launched a Facebook page.  Please "like" us!  The goal is to feature a special pepper or tomato ever week or two.

Seed prices seem to have gone through the roof of the greenhouse this year.  Several tomato varieties were 30 cents a seed, and some pepper seeds (especially the super hot ones) were 60 cents each or more.  Yes, we have raised our prices some.  But the real challenge will to be sure not to over plant those expensive seeds.  So placing your orders early (no deposit required) will really help us both.

Another "break through" for UWT is locating a local supplier of resonably priced shipping boxes.  This will allow us to ship any of our tomato or pepper plants (mix or match) to nearly every state.  Plants will be priced at the published Oregon price.  The box will hold up to eight plants.  Shipping and handeling charges to be announced soon.

Andrea and Heather have been bugging me to start planting earlier, especially those hard to germinate hot peppers.  Therefore I will be planting seeds soon.  For those of you that have greenhouses, I will let you know as soon as we have viable starts so you can have the first ripe tomato or pepper in your neighborhood.

"May all your tomatoes and peppers ripen."

Uncle Waynes Tomatoes, Inc.

#2 pwillen1

pwillen1
  • Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:35 PM

Do you recommend a varietal for pizza sauce?  Leaning toward Black Krim.

#3 StMaximo

StMaximo
  • Members
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 08:52 PM

Do you recommend a varietal for pizza sauce?  Leaning toward Black Krim.

I haven't tried them, but I have them on my list for this year.