Mole Prehispanic Cuisine

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Cookie

Cookie
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:19 PM

I had lunch yesterday at this lonely food truck out on Highway 30, almost to the St Johns Bridge, after reading the review on the Food Carts Portland blog. It's also reviewed in today's Willamette Week. Tried the Mole Negro and Mole Colaradito and both were outstanding. Actually, I can say all 4 of the moles owner Luis Ochoa prepares are unique and outstanding, because Luis will offer you a taste of each before you order. If you love mole, you have to eat here.

Attached File  menu.jpg   72.38K   2 downloads

#2 crepeguy

crepeguy
  • Members
  • 371 posts
  • Interests:Purveyor of skinny pancakes.

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:49 PM

When I read the article in WW, I was excited to see he may be considering relocating to N Mississippi. I would love to have this in our neighborhood. There's a spot available in the cart pod across the street from us. I'm going to email him!

#3 pwillen1

pwillen1
  • Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:43 PM

Great find!  I love mole but don't eat chicken so I'm always thankful to find places like this.

#4 robzr

robzr
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:59 AM

I tried this spot, was driving out to Sauvie, planning on stopping at Subway and was surprised to see a lone food truck with Mole written in huge letters.  Luis was super friendly and happy to let us taste all the moles and spoke at length about his food and ingredients.  It sounds like he sources a lot of quality local ingredients and makes everything from scratch, some of the moles take a long time and it sounded like there were a lot of steps involved to make them.  At the time he had some excellent tamales he made, he made them from scratch, the corn was grown by one of his customers on Sauvie if I remember correctly.  I was just impressed that he started with fresh corn to make tamales :)

I believe he said he was a formally trained chef, and clearly he has been pouring his heart and soul into this cart.  He's very passionate about what he's doing, and it showed with the food, everything I had was delicious.  I love a good mole, I just wish the truck wasn't so far out.  At the time (October/November) he said he was planning on moving in closer to town, does anyone know if that's happened?

Rob

#5 crepeguy

crepeguy
  • Members
  • 371 posts
  • Interests:Purveyor of skinny pancakes.

Posted 07 September 2016 - 08:09 AM

We finally tried this cart last week.  We had the Mole Colaradito (lamb) and the Mole Verde (Pork).  Both were delicious. This cart is definitely worth a visit. 

2671 NW Vaughn St
Portland, OR 97210

Alphabet District, North