Cantina Sanchez

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Grlfriday

Grlfriday
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 09:30 AM

Noticed this place was now open, old Juan Colorado spot next to Chase on Barbur.    I ordered the carnitas tacos with handmade tortillas, they come with diced raw onion and cilantro.  Some of the meat was over cooked, but overall flavor was really good. You have to pay extra for the handmade tortillas but it was worth it to me. Husband had the steak fajitas, they were really really tasty.  The steak was well done but the meat was really tender. Wish I would have tried the guac, but I was so stuffed I just couldn't, looked homemade and they gave you more than enough. Chips and salsa were both homemade, and good, salsa had some building heat, that I love.  The service was unorganized, the guy helping us seemed like it was his first rodeo, but super friendly. There wasn't a bartender yet and he really sucked at making a margarita, sent it back and got a dos eques w/lime, nice and cold. There was only one other couple that showed up while we were there, they ordered the fajitas after seeing ours and seemed to be enjoying them as well.  We will be back, it was a really nice change from the usual offerings along Barbur.

http://www.sanchezcantina.com/menu/

www.apexrestoration.net

#2 MarshMan

MarshMan
  • Members
  • 37 posts
  • Interests:Wine, Food, Music

Posted 21 May 2015 - 09:51 PM

Went there a few nights after opening and thought it was okay, but Casa Colima in Hillsdale is much better for a similar price.

#3 StMaximo

StMaximo
  • Members
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:17 AM

Sanchez Cantina

10075 SW Barbur Ste. 7

Monday - Thursday 11 AM to 10 PM  Friday - Sunday 11 AM to 9 PM

Menu

#4 Flynn

Flynn
  • Secondary Admin
  • 3,681 posts

Posted 14 June 2015 - 02:08 PM

It's not worth it. I don't think their focus is on food so much as the 9pm-2am bar business. Continuing on down 99W to Siete Estrellas or Sanchez Taqueria is the right move.

#5 pwillen1

pwillen1
  • Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 05:25 AM

thank you!