FEAST PORTLAND 2015

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 pwillen1

pwillen1
  • Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 11:27 AM

I feel like I wasted my energy. I thought you would have looked at the prices at least.

I should have gone with my gut and sniffed out the trolling.

#22 levbarg

levbarg
  • Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 12:02 PM

I feel like I wasted my energy. I thought you would have looked at the prices at least.

I should have gone with my gut and sniffed out the trolling.

Now now, pwillen. I looked for prices yesterday, but none were posted until 9:00am this morning.  What you experienced was the full brunt of my shock. Remember, I'm the new guy?  I'm trying to learn, and your contribution was not wasted.  I'm still interested to know what's happening in our town's food scene, even if I'm not actively involved. Please put that into context before slinging knee-jerk pejoratives.

I'm just as interested at discovering and praising what Portland does well as I am in calling out what I see as its shortcomings. Sharing honest opinions with fellow enthusiasts is not trolling, in my book.

Mr Taster

#23 jennifer

jennifer
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 01:22 PM

Thread moved to Food Events.

#24 jennifer

jennifer
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 15 May 2015 - 01:42 PM

Here are discussion threads from 2012 and 2013.  I couldn't find one for 2014.  Lots of photos in the 2013 thread, which will give you an idea of some of the events and food.  You can also look up Feast Portland on Instagram and Twitter for zillions of photos.

http://portlandfood....-portland-2013/

http://portlandfood.org/topic/13136-feast-portland/ 

I went to several of the smaller classes & workshops in 2012 (gin cocktails class at 9am anyone??), they were all super fun!  So was the Oregon Bounty tasting, but it looks like the format & types of vendors have changed somewhat.  I don't know if I'd go again this year. 

Like Nick mentioned, friends have also told me that the NIght Market is great if you do the VIP package and get in early. 

#25 friedalighthouse

friedalighthouse
  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 10:08 AM

No way I can afford the ticket prices this year. I just submitted a volunteer application online--has anyone here ever volunteered for Feast Portland?

#26 Angelhair

Angelhair
  • 7,658 posts
  • Interests:film, cooking, literature

Posted 16 May 2015 - 09:41 PM

Friends of mine have volunteered, Frieda, and it seemed like they had a good time.

FWIW, I signed up for Night Market again this year (as well as the Smoke event). Night Market was one of the best food events I went to last year (and that's not just because I got to hug Ruth Reichl)! Lively and exciting food, beautiful setting.

#27 pwillen1

pwillen1
  • Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 06:17 AM

I have volunteered twice Freida, both times for the Oregon Bounty event. I'd recommend it. You get access to the event basically for free, you work in shifts and have time to chat up folks backstage and many of my friends were pouring their wine or sampling their wares so it was nice to support them. I had the glorious task of emptying dump buckets, but I'd do it again.

#28 friedalighthouse

friedalighthouse
  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 09:08 AM

Thanks, Angelhair and pwillen! I hope I made a good enough case for getting chosen on the application!