1465 Northeast Prescott Stree

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mikeczyz

mikeczyz
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 09:04 PM

Was in Portland for a super short visit to see my wife's sister.  Tin Shed was a total clusterf*** so we decided to check out Muscadine.  It turned out to be really good.  Fried chicken was really, really tasty, I loved my sides and it's a bright cheery room.  Would definitely recommend if you're in the mood for collards, fried catfish or chicken and things of that sort.  Definitely a good spot for down home, Southern comfort food.  

#2 vj

vj
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:36 PM

1465 NE Prescott

503-841-5576

http://www.muscadinepdx.com/new-page/

#3 FoodKid

FoodKid
  • Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:27 AM

I'll vouch for Muscadine. I had a very pleasant breakfast there a few days ago followed by a pastry at the new bakery next door.

#4 vj

vj
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 08:53 PM

I went there for breakfast this am. I was really pleased with 95% of it.

We had: crab cakes (a special), several meat + 3s with fried chicken, beignets, moravian sugar cake (a special), grits, okra, bacon, eggs, biscuits, and cornbread.

With the exception of the crazy good moravian sugar cake, baked goods were okay, but disappointing compared with the rest of the meal. Beignets were pricey for a small serving, and instead of being light, these were dense. 

The fried chicken is drumsticks and thighs. The portion in the meat + 3 is two drumsticks and a thigh. I was super pleased -- this is some tasty panfried chicken. 

I didn't get to try the crab cakes but I heard they were great. Grits were delicious, creamy and cheesy, but subtly. Eggs were done to order (it's sad that this is special, sigh). Bacon was nothing special, but still just fine.

When we walked in, there were a couple of unoccupied tables. When we walked out, there were a couple of unoccupied tables. I don't get it. Portions are generous -- I brought a piece of chicken and part of my breakfast home with me.

#5 ppilot

ppilot
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 08:09 AM

Closing after 12/31/17