Photo

Come try our happy hour, brunch or dinner

brunch happyhour catering dinner glutenfree vegan vegetarian sausages eventspace beer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 foodfight1

foodfight1
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:46 AM

Please join us at the Slide Inn, we have an amazing happy hour menu, we serve it Monday & Tuesday all night long and the rest of the week from 5:30- 6:30 pm.

If you have a large group, I'll even extend it for you!

The focus of our menu is to cater to as broad of a clientele base as possible, read the story at the bottom of the page.

Our food focus is, I cater to as broad of a food base as possible. A majority of our menu can be either gluten free, vegan or vegetarian. That said, I house make our own

sausages both turkey with apples, sage and spicy Hungarian with pork and beef, smoke them to! Our sauerkraut is house fermented and about 95% of our menu items are made right in house. All of our gluten free breads are too made in house,

so whether your having one of our burgers or joining us for gluten free chocolate, cinnamon french toast you can have them gluten free. For vegan's we have gnocchi that

are made with potatoes, potato starch and rice flour with a small amount of water as a binder. Hard to work with, but they turn out delicious and one can hardly tell the difference!

Actually I like them better, as they are not as gummy as the ones made with starch!

We have some new brunch items on our menu, come try our house cured, smoked salmon hash with capers, grilled tomatoes, peppers, oregano and a poached egg on top.

The Slide Inn was a ski lodge that my parents owned located in the Sierra mountains in Northern California south of Lake Tahoe. We served both burgers and German food, my Mom was German born. It was located in the town of Long Barn. Now it's been vacant for 20 plus years, quite sad. After the ski lodge was sold I moved to Germany at age 11, went to school, learned German and eventually did a three year Chef's apprenticeship. After traveling the world I decided to move back to the US and chose San Francisco. There I met my wife who is Gluten free, vegan and vegetarian. This is the basis of the menu. It incorporates many elements of both the former Jade Lounge, which had as Asian style menu and il Piatto, which was our Italian restaurant for 20 years plus! The menu is designed to cater to diverse couples, I eat meat, my wife does not, and to add to the complexity, she eats gluten free!

I hope you enjoyed the story, and please do come try our cuisine!

pic12.jpg

salmonhash-Copy.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brunch, happyhour, catering, dinner, glutenfree, vegan, vegetarian, sausages, eventspace, beer