store specials & food finds

store specials food finds

• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#141 jennifer

jennifer
  • 3,262 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 01:51 PM

I didn't buy it because I have that giant All-Clad slow cooker with the insert that goes on the stove top.  My H said that this instant pot replaces the other slow cooker, but I was too attached to the stupid thing to give it away.  And there's not space for both.  Now I'm thinking that was a mistake, shoulda got the instant pot!  I'm sure I have until Black Friday sales to make peace with getting rid of the giant slow cooker.

#142 RM

RM
  • Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 10:45 AM

Here's a bargain on an Anova sous vide machine. $50 off code - anova-29976ced .  Brings it down to $150. The Anova is wifi enabled and has a good app to go with it.

The Anova is a good solid machine and well put together. It's my second sous vide machine. The first was a Sansaire. Poorly put together, badly fitting pieces and fragile. I had a horrible time with their warranty service and by the time I finally got it replaced, I'd already bought an Anova. 

I included the body of an email I got from Anova. They're going into Target Stores nationwide.

Update and Anova for a Friend

I'm amazed that it's been almost three years since we launched Anova. Today, we're excited to announce that Target has selected us to lead in-store innovation in the kitchen. We’ll be in all of Target's 1,800+ retail stores by October 2016. This will allow us to continue to take sous vide cooking mainstream.

While we've accomplished a lot over the past three years, we feel like we’re just getting started. We recently updated our Wi-Fi app with time and temperature guides powered by Kenji Lopez-Alt and Serious Eats, and we have several updates that will continue to improve connectivity and make it super-simple to cook like a pro. Like your favorite cast-iron skillet, we want Anova to be your companion in the kitchen that gets better with time — to become more than what it was when you first experienced the best meal ever.

We're super grateful to our customers for supporting us along the way. If you've enjoyed your Anova, we'd love your help in recruiting new #anovafoodnerds to the family. Have a friend who suffers from mediocre dinners? Here's a $50 discount code for that friend in need:

anova-29976ced

Thank you for your help and for being an important part of our continued success.

Cheers!
Stephen Svajian
CEO & Co-Founder

"Discount code has reached its usage limit" says the website.

#143 StMaximo

StMaximo
  • Members
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 04:18 PM

Here's a bargain on an Anova sous vide machine. $50 off code - anova-29976ced .  Brings it down to $150. The Anova is wifi enabled and has a good app to go with it.

The Anova is a good solid machine and well put together. It's my second sous vide machine. The first was a Sansaire. Poorly put together, badly fitting pieces and fragile. I had a horrible time with their warranty service and by the time I finally got it replaced, I'd already bought an Anova. 

I included the body of an email I got from Anova. They're going into Target Stores nationwide.

Update and Anova for a Friend

I'm amazed that it's been almost three years since we launched Anova. Today, we're excited to announce that Target has selected us to lead in-store innovation in the kitchen. We’ll be in all of Target's 1,800+ retail stores by October 2016. This will allow us to continue to take sous vide cooking mainstream.

While we've accomplished a lot over the past three years, we feel like we’re just getting started. We recently updated our Wi-Fi app with time and temperature guides powered by Kenji Lopez-Alt and Serious Eats, and we have several updates that will continue to improve connectivity and make it super-simple to cook like a pro. Like your favorite cast-iron skillet, we want Anova to be your companion in the kitchen that gets better with time — to become more than what it was when you first experienced the best meal ever.

We're super grateful to our customers for supporting us along the way. If you've enjoyed your Anova, we'd love your help in recruiting new #anovafoodnerds to the family. Have a friend who suffers from mediocre dinners? Here's a $50 discount code for that friend in need:

anova-29976ced

Thank you for your help and for being an important part of our continued success.

Cheers!
Stephen Svajian
CEO & Co-Founder

"Discount code has reached its usage limit" says the website.

They seem to have a sale two or three times a year. Sign up for their mailing list. Three of my friends got one this time around.

#144 EvaB

EvaB
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 09:45 AM

I bought the Instant Pot per Jennifer's post! 

I have a 1953 Wedgewood gas stove with two ovens w/pilots that are always on so when we have weather over 90 degrees I often turn the gas off completely and do whacky things like cook corn on the cob (one ear!) and hb eggs in my electric water kettle. The day I got the Instant Pot was one of the recent hot days so the new pot was put to use pressure cooking white potatoes for potato salad. 11 minutes--worked very well! I am particularly intrigued by the variety of recipes in the recipe book that comes with the pot. A very interestingly curated selection of international recipes. Haven't tried any yet.

The pot that was on sale is a 6.something quart model. There is a smaller one that was not on sale thus +- $20 more expensive at the time. For me, the large one is probably too large for the amounts I am likely to need to cook, but I am sure I will use it anyway.

Cool Moon Ice Cream

with apologies to Jack Prelutsky's "Bleezer's Ice Cream Store"

I am Eva Marianna
I run COOL MOON ICE CREAM STORE,
there are flavors in my freezer you have never seen before,
twenty-eight divine creations too delicious to resist,
why not do yourself a favor, try the flavors on my list...

#145 Angelhair

Angelhair
  • 7,658 posts
  • Interests:film, cooking, literature

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:17 AM

I really love Olympia Provisions bratwurst. They are significantly better than any other product I've ever made at home -- flavorful spicing and a snappy skin. SO GOOD. Anyhoo, I didn't just come here to proselytize, they have a coupon code for online orders OPLABORDAY that knocks 10% off (sausages only) through 9/5. You could also pick up their new Pok Pok collab Sai Ua sausage. It's tasty too. 

You can also take off the shipping charge by picking them up in person at one of their bricks and mortar locations.

http://www.olympiaprovisions.com/collections/sausages 

#146 EvaB

EvaB
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:46 AM

A new cheese find at Costco (NE 138th) Cypress Grove Midnight Moon. Cool Name ; )

Haven't opened the cheese to taste yet, so can't report on that.

EB

Cool Moon Ice Cream

I am Eva Marianna

#147 EvaB

EvaB
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 05:04 PM

"Whole Fish Sale" at New Seasons today (Sunday). This turns out to mean "Whole Coho Salmon" sale. Price is $5.something/lb and they will cut it up or fillet it if you want. The already filleted version of same is also on sale at $9.99. 

Cool Moon Ice Cream

I am Eva Marianna

#148 pwillen1

pwillen1
  • Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 06:19 AM

If you do your own cooking, you might just watch them filet a fish and decide if you want that done to yours. I almost cried during tuna season (I was in there for something else).

#149 pwillen1

pwillen1
  • Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 06:21 AM

Oh and Eva, that Cypress Grove Cheese is not made by them, it's imported Gouda from Holland. It's excellent. Also got some other new stuff a basque paprika washed goat cheese and an aged Taleggio.

#150 Flynn

Flynn
  • Secondary Admin
  • 3,679 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 12:05 PM

Safeway has Cooper Mountain Pinot Gris for $5.00/btl, $4.50 six or more. This is a markdown from $19.99.

#151 WAfoodie

WAfoodie
  • Members
  • 547 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 09:43 AM

Fresh, local (Mt. St. Helens) chanterelle mushrooms on sale for $6.99/lb. (reg. $9.99/lb.) at Chuck's Produce per their weekly ad.

#152 Angelhair

Angelhair
  • 7,658 posts
  • Interests:film, cooking, literature

Posted 12 October 2016 - 01:53 PM

New Seasons has finally updated their POS systems to chip readers. If you enter your e-mail address to receive an electronic receipt, they immediately send you a $5 coupon.

#153 pwillen1

pwillen1
  • Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 02:26 PM

one day grocery stores will figure out they have big data on each customer and will actually use it. It baffles me they can't send me store specials based on my purchasing habits.

#154 StMaximo

StMaximo
  • Members
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 01:43 PM

Bluetooth Anova Sous Vide for $99 with code at check out - anova2-a5446sc5

This is the cheapest price I've seen on a decent Sous Vide Machine. 

I really like my Anova. They've got an app and a website with recipes that's quite helpful when you're starting out. 

#155 pwillen1

pwillen1
  • Members
  • 503 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 06:14 AM

Eva! don't miss the Harbison by Jasper Hill at Costco. 16.99 for a poundish wheel.

I also really like the Tomme de Saint George.