Photo

Curry and Crust (4950 NE Belknap Ct, Hillsboro)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 porky pine

porky pine
  • Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Has anyone been here?  They have a full Indian menu and some Indian pizzas.  I'm planning on trying it out in the next week.

http://www.curryandcrust.com/Home.html

#2 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 17,968 posts
  • Interests:Me like food.

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

Yes, I have. I probably should have posted. I have pictures. It opened right after I made it up to Seattle and tried Can-Am pizza there. Can-Am was much better, even though the crust was worse. The thing Can-Am got right was putting tons of sauce on top of the pizzas. The thing that makes Indian pizza work is the combo of cheese and Indian flavors. If it's just a normal pizza without red sauce with a bit of garam masala and maybe some stir-fried chiles and paneer, who the heck cares. But if it's smothered in makhani sauce, it becomes amazingly delicious. We tried four different types of pizza, none of which were better than whatever California Pizza Kitchen might come up with.
The greatest service chemistry has rendered to alimentary science, is the discovery of osmazome, or rather the determination of what it was. ~Brillat-Savarin

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole & Kenny & Zuke's

#3 ibgpdx

ibgpdx
  • Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

I think the main thing the Indian pizza places are missing is they should use a crust made from naan or paratha, instead of an below average pizza dough.  Something with a nice char from the tandoor, lightly sauced and topped, and then finished in the oven.

But the other food is standard Indian fare.  They do offer tandoori roti with the buffet which is nice.

#4 ibgpdx

ibgpdx
  • Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:00 AM

Checked it out again for lunch with a couple of friends yesterday.  I would say the sauce and toppings have improved but the crust is still an issue.  The bottom was crisp but the center was still on doughy side.  It would probably help if they par-baked the crust before saucing?

#5 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 17,968 posts
  • Interests:Me like food.

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

I think they should switch to more of a Pizza Hut pan pizza thickness or Flying Pie thickness.  Theirs is more of a party pizza thickness and crispness.

The greatest service chemistry has rendered to alimentary science, is the discovery of osmazome, or rather the determination of what it was. ~Brillat-Savarin

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole & Kenny & Zuke's