New Seasons meets 7-11?

Thoughts?

http://www.oregonliv...#incart_m-rpt-2

#2 StMaximo

StMaximo
  • Members
  • 2,702 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

I'm guessing they'll be a bit bigger than a 7-11. There are some old grocery store spots in both those area from the days when grocery stores were smaller. Both of those neighborhoods are between a lot of people and the nearest New Seasons, Whole Foods or even a co-op.

Both areas are coming up in the world. I don't like what happens to the name when you contract it - GreeZe or GZ.

If there was one in my neighborhood and the pricing was in the ballpark of New Seasons or Whole Foods I'd shop there. As it is, the Chucks Produce in Vancouver has been getting most of my business lately. Time wise it's as quick to get to as New Seasons Concordia for me, mileage wise it's a bit farther. Probably need to start a thread for Chucks.

#3 nervousxtian

nervousxtian
  • Members
  • 2,128 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

Chuck's is fantastic, and they have some great items on ad all the time for very good prices.

Wish it was closer.

#4 WAfoodie

WAfoodie
  • Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:47 AM

With accessibility in mind:

Became a Chuck's fan for their Painted Hills beef, the fresh black cod when it was available, the great sale for Comice pears, that I didn't know I liked until I had a Harry and David Royal Riviera comice pear.

Became a fan for New Season's (Fisher's Landing) for their bread, specifically the handsized ciabatta rolls (ok, not Ken's or Fleur de lis quality but I'm speaking within the grocery store distributor. My last Grand Central purchase from Whole Foods was not as fresh and I welcome any recos) and that they carry Mama Lil's goathorn peppers and Podnah's line of barbeque sauces like the Carolina vinegar sauce.

#5 sivil.

sivil.
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

I live 4 blocks down Peninsular from where the Kenton neighborhood location will be.  For me I couldn't be more stoked.  To be able to take a nice stroll up the street with my family to get fresh produce for the day, or a good beer for the evening, or even a pre-made health treat is going to me amazing.  If they are priced reasonably they will probably end up getting a lot of my money each month.  GO GREEN ZEBRA!!!

#6 demon4105

demon4105
  • Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

I agree with sivil on this one! Right down the street and the neighborhood could really use something like it. As with sivil my wife, son and I can walk there in a matter of minutes!!

#7 Perkeo

Perkeo
  • Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

This will definitely fill a void in Woodstock...between Otto`s and (gulp) Safeway, you can cover the basics, but certain things, like acceptable bulk coffee beans, are unavailable, so yeah, a step in the right direction for sure

#8 Perkeo

Perkeo
  • Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:18 AM

Just noticed a Green Zebra banner at the corner of 50th and Division by the food cart pod so...one more I guess.