The Portland Kitchen + 2012 Give!Guide

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ThePDXkitchen

ThePDXkitchen
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

The 2012 Willamette Week GiveGuide has launched and we can hardly contain our excitement! In order to open The Portland Kitchen in 2013, we need the collective support of the community. We can do this. Together.

There are benefits to donating to The Portland Kitchen - thanks to the Oregon Culinary Institute (OCI). OCI has stepped up as The Portland Kitchen's Give!Guide business partner to offer great incentives.

When you donate $25 to The Portland Kitchen via wweek.com/giveguide, you gain two lunch vouchers to OCI's restaurant. $50? Two lunch vouchers and a limited-edition Portland Kitchen t-shirt or apron (artwork seen here, to your left). $100? Four lunch vouchers - or two dinner vouchers - and a limited-edition Portland Kitchen t-shirt or apron.

Today we need your support to create opportunity for our youth and fund the opening of our first kitchen in NE Portland. The Portland Kitchen is an emerging free, comprehensive culinary after-school program for Portland, OR high school students age 14 to 18.After-school programs are proven to positively impact graduation rates and to help youth live prosperous and healthy lives.

Let's make history and open The Portland Kitchen. Donate to The Portland Kitchen via wweek.com/giveguide

www.theportlandkitchen.org

#2 MaBell

MaBell
  • Members
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

The 2012 Willamette Week GiveGuide has launched and we can hardly contain our excitement! In order to open The Portland Kitchen in 2013, we need the collective support of the community. We can do this. Together.

There are benefits to donating to The Portland Kitchen - thanks to the Oregon Culinary Institute (OCI). OCI has stepped up as The Portland Kitchen's Give!Guide business partner to offer great incentives.

When you donate $25 to The Portland Kitchen via wweek.com/giveguide, you gain two lunch vouchers to OCI's restaurant. $50? Two lunch vouchers and a limited-edition Portland Kitchen t-shirt or apron (artwork seen here, to your left). $100? Four lunch vouchers - or two dinner vouchers - and a limited-edition Portland Kitchen t-shirt or apron.

Today we need your support to create opportunity for our youth and fund the opening of our first kitchen in NE Portland. The Portland Kitchen is an emerging free, comprehensive culinary after-school program for Portland, OR high school students age 14 to 18.After-school programs are proven to positively impact graduation rates and to help youth live prosperous and healthy lives.

Let's make history and open The Portland Kitchen. Donate to The Portland Kitchen via wweek.com/giveguide

www.theportlandkitchen.org

This is a great concept that I would love to see funded. I've known Abby, the founder, for several years and she is very passionate about bringing this project to life. I saw a similar program have great success when I lived in NYC and I'm confident it can have a great impact here!
Homer: Are you saying you're never going to eat any animal again? What about bacon?
Lisa: No.
Homer: Ham?
Lisa: No.
Homer: Pork chops?
Lisa: Dad, those all come from the same animal.
Homer: Heh heh heh. Ooh, yeah, right, Lisa. A wonderful, magical animal.