Photo

Cocoa Hot Fudge Sauce

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jill-O

Jill-O
  • 7,144 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:02 AM

OK, so the GF really wanted ice cream but all we had was some vanilla, and she needed chocolate. I like making folks happy, so I said I'd make a chocolate sauce, if she wanted...and googled and found one online here: http://www.foodess.c...ot-fudge-sauce/

I chose it because I had everything in the house. I had to rule out real fudge sauces because I didn't have chocolate, only cocoa. Nor did I have corn syrup or condensed or evaporated milk - so all of those recipes were out.

I had, and used, half and half instead of cream or milk. And there's no microwave at the GF's, so I did it on the stovetop. It took less than 5 minutes and was really good. I put the left over sauce in a jar and in the fridge and a few days later it was still delicious, even cold (though a bit more solid).

It tastes like cocoa, so it isn't as awesome as real hot fudge sauce, but for the time and effort it took - wow, this is a keeper of a recipe.

Cocoa Hot Fudge Sauce
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup cocoa
  • 1/2 cup heavy cream or milk
  • 4 tbsp butter
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • pinch of salt
1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine sugar, cocoa and cream. Cook on high 2-3 minutes, until sugar dissolves and mixture boils.

2. Stir in butter and cook on high 2-4 minutes more, watching closely and stirring every 30 seconds or so, until mixture thickens. Stir in vanilla and a pinch of salt.

Never give up! Never surrender!

#2 dodana80

dodana80
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

this is a ver cool recipe..I've tried it yesterday and it's awesome...all my family love it..thanks