• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:59 AM

Sidecar 11 (web) (facebook)
3955 N. Mississippi Ave. (map)
Portland, OR 97227
Ph: 503.208.3798

Happy Hour: 4-7pm & 9pm - Close (~1am) Tuesday - Sunday (closed Monday)
Nice long happy hours!

I've been a few times to this little shotgun bar on N. Mississippi and I like it. Food is pretty good and cocktails done well. Last night, the special cocktail was Rum, Lime, Falernum & Chocolate Bitters, pretty tasty.

We also tried the charcuterie plate, stuffed anaheim pepper, and a few other things. Marinated Chicken and/or Beef skewers seem like a good choice for the next visit; and, of course, another pepper! I believe I had the Cheese plate on my first visit and it was excellent, too.

Staff very friendly and personable.

Highly Recommended.
--------------------
You cannot legislate compassion into your fellow man (or woman, as the case may be), but we should at least attempt to create a society in which each individual has the opportunity to realize his or her potential. If we meet our citizens' needs for Health Care and Education, everything else will take care of itself. --Me

#2 tsw51

tsw51
  • Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

Thanks for the write-up John! I've been curious about this place for awhile but for whatever reason haven't made it in there.

One question - what is the atmosphere like?
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - The Lorax

#3 Quo Vadis

Quo Vadis
  • Members
  • 1,848 posts
  • Interests:You live to serve this ship<br />So serve well, and live<br />-Ben Hur

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:07 AM

I stopped by there for a couple drinks a few weeks back. Nice place friendly people.
Drinks were nice- a little on the sweeter side than I usually go for but you can tell they're made with care.
As far as atmosphere- very casual, light when the sun is up and then quite dark later.
In a place as small as this though the atmosphere really does change with the clientelle so I wouldn't try to pin it down as loud/quiet...
Methinks I am like a man, who having struck on many shoals, and having narrowly escap'd shipwreck in passing a small frith, has yet the temerity to put out to sea in the same leaky weather-beaten vessel, and even carries his ambition so far as to think of compassing the globe under these disadvantageous circumstances-Hume