Rajas Con Crema

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Cheryl

Cheryl
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:19 PM

addicted to the Mi Mero Mole, I'd like to make these at home. I found at recipe at http://theothersideo.../#axzz1vSkp3ocC, but can't seems to find chihuahua cheese. They had no idea what it was at the market across from Ochoa's in Hillsboro. Nick, what cheese do you use in yours?

#2 Quo Vadis

Quo Vadis
  • Members
  • 1,854 posts
  • Interests:You live to serve this ship<br />So serve well, and live<br />-Ben Hur

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:49 AM

Food 4 Less has a really good selection of Mexican cheeses.
Methinks I am like a man, who having struck on many shoals, and having narrowly escap'd shipwreck in passing a small frith, has yet the temerity to put out to sea in the same leaky weather-beaten vessel, and even carries his ambition so far as to think of compassing the globe under these disadvantageous circumstances-Hume

#3 vj

vj
  • 2,747 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 12:35 PM

For the way Nick makes them, check this out: http://video-embed.o...OO9eEnUgmDMUg-i

and Nick says in the video that he uses Parmesan.

#4 ricechaz

ricechaz
  • Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:45 PM

we've been doing that recipe for a few weeks and it's now a staple in this house. Pretty simple and my kids ask for it a well.
Charlie
Hood River, OR

"No matter where you go...
there you are."
Dr. Buckaroo Banzai

#5 Cheryl

Cheryl
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:46 PM

Thanks so much!! I did not guess there was garlic in Nick's.

#6 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,350 posts
  • Interests:Me like food.

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:39 AM

An aged cow's milk "manchego" would probably be used in Mexico, but parm is much easier and gives the same effect.

The greatest service chemistry has rendered to alimentary science, is the discovery of osmazome, or rather the determination of what it was. ~Brillat-Savarin

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole

Co-Author, Artisan Jewish Deli at Home

Formerly, Kenny & Zuke's