Oregon Seafood Chef

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 fulio

fulio
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 07:17 AM

There is going to be a competition in New Orleans, with each state sending a chef to best represent them. the chef will be tasked with cooking a seafood dish. Which chef from Oregon would you send?

#2 Quo Vadis

Quo Vadis
  • Members
  • 1,854 posts
  • Interests:You live to serve this ship<br />So serve well, and live<br />-Ben Hur

Posted 13 April 2012 - 08:16 AM

Some more details might be helpful.
Have a link?
Methinks I am like a man, who having struck on many shoals, and having narrowly escap'd shipwreck in passing a small frith, has yet the temerity to put out to sea in the same leaky weather-beaten vessel, and even carries his ambition so far as to think of compassing the globe under these disadvantageous circumstances-Hume

#3 fulio

fulio
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:01 AM

No link as yet. Will dig for it. Eric Jenkins, who used to be the chef for the Duncan Law Seafood School here in Astoria, went several times as Oregon's rep, as did Pascal Sauton one year. I believe it is a Gubenatorial pick. I certainly think that some of the Portland area chefs would kill at the event. No real dog in the fight, just thought it would be an interesting discussion.

#4 fulio

fulio
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:08 AM

http://www.greatamer...foodcookoff.com

#5 Jill-O

Jill-O
  • 7,144 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

Trent Pierce is the first that comes to mind. I might mention QV herself, but she might ban me from Tanuki for even suggesting it. ;o)
Never give up! Never surrender!

#6 Quo Vadis

Quo Vadis
  • Members
  • 1,854 posts
  • Interests:You live to serve this ship<br />So serve well, and live<br />-Ben Hur

Posted 14 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

Cafiero?
Methinks I am like a man, who having struck on many shoals, and having narrowly escap'd shipwreck in passing a small frith, has yet the temerity to put out to sea in the same leaky weather-beaten vessel, and even carries his ambition so far as to think of compassing the globe under these disadvantageous circumstances-Hume