I have no involvement with this job, but I thought it looked like a really great/fun job for anyone who has experience with community relations and in-store merchandising.
It says it's based in Portland on NE 15th.
The Marketing and Community Team Lead(MCTL) leads all aspects of store marketing to include the in-store marketing team, strategic store and regional marketing and community relations outreach. Must develop and implement store marketing strategy, based on store business. Recognition of business unit interdependence and ability to leverage time and resources essential. The MCTLS must have ability to communicate clearly within context to multiple teams. Flexible schedule necessary to meet store schedules.
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
In-store Marketing Team Leadership - Supervise, train, develop and lead store marketing Team Members to include store Sign Maker demo supervisor and, where applicable, Salud!/ Culinary Center Supervisor, develop marketing strategy and written action plans to achieve store specific objectives; Analyze and report on success of marketing programs; Create and maintain monthly event calendar; Oversee store demo program; Responsible for all aspects of WFM performance evaluation, supervisory duties, store marketing budget and reporting in partnership with Store Team Leader(STL); Attend bi-monthly meetings with regional counterparts as directed by Regional Marketing Team to give reports/updates, exchange ideas, brainstorm new ideas, discuss current regional marketing efforts, etc.
Marketing Campaign Execution - Work with Regional Marketing Team, Store Leadership and Sign Maker to execute in-store marketing efforts; Ensure signage /POP placement; distribute/display collateral materials as directed; Work with STL and Team Leaders (TLs) to provide direction and implementation of seasonal d้cor and strategic cross merchandising
In-store Marketing/Education - Inform TMs of regional and national promotions, community events, advertising campaigns; Partner with (In Store Educator)ISE to develop product knowledge/education program via in-store classes, presentations and events; Develop, coordinate and track in-store vendor demo program
Community Relations Marketing (CRM) - Develop, communicate and maintain strategic community relations marketing plan and calendar based on store and regional visions; Identify and manage strategic opportunities within the community; Manage store Community Relations Marketing budget; Work with Salud!/ Culinary Center Supervisor to coordinate cooking and/or education classes; Schedule, coordinate and plan successful execution of in-store events; Handle all community donations and associated programs
Media Relations and PR - Support marketing by supervising in-store photography, filming, interviews, etc. Develop/distribute localized press releases as directed by Regional Marketing Team within Regional protocol
Other duties as assigned
Internal Applicants must submit "Application for Open Employment" or submit written approval from current STL.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. 2+ years direct supervisory experience of min 2 team members with flexibility in supervisory style
2. 2+ years community relations, event marketing, marketing plan development and event planning with proven creative development working with a small budget
3. 4 year College degree preferred
4. Proven ability to build relationships and Network; excellent customer service skills
5. Ability to interact with the media; will provide training if needed
6. Self directed and ability to work both autonomously and with various teams and task forces
7. Ability to work in changing physical work environment; Background in food and/or retail a plus
8. Ability to work with the needs of multiple teams, negotiate and build consensus
9. Excellent proven verbal and written communication skills, Spanish speaking a plus
10. Excellent organizational, time and budget management skills with attention to detail
11. Knowledge of local community/marketplace
12. Flexible hours with ability to work holidays, nights and weekends
13. Computer skills in Microsoft Office suite and Adobe a plus
1. Exposure to temperature variations and wet conditions.
2. May walk and work on uneven surfaces.
3. Requires reaching above and below shoulder height.
4. Some exposure to dust, gas, fumes and chemicals.
5. Repetitive use of hands with power grasping and fine manipulation.
6. May need to use a ladder or stool to reach product or supplies.
7. Exposure to continuous background and occasional loud noises.
8. Walking surfaces are sometimes slick.
9. Repetitive stretching and lifting required.
10. Items over 40 pounds require a team lift.
11. Iteration of duties.
12. This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure the proper operations of the team.
Whole Foods - Marketing & Community Relations Team Lead
No replies to this topic