• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,046 posts
  • Interests:Me like food.

Posted 19 March 2011 - 03:17 AM

Made minor upgrades. If you notice anything not working properly, please tell me.
The greatest service chemistry has rendered to alimentary science, is the discovery of osmazome, or rather the determination of what it was. ~Brillat-Savarin

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole & Kenny & Zuke's

#2 jcoll4

jcoll4
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 10:31 AM

you must know by now www.extramsg.com has a database error. it has for a long time. perhaps an under construction animated gif would help?
All I did is say I eggs in a vegan dish..

#3 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,046 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:23 AM

Meh. It happened right as I was opening MMM. I spent a couple hours trying to get it back up and gave up. I don't really care given that I wasn't updating the site regularly. I hate that host and would like to move the site. I guess I could redirect here.
The greatest service chemistry has rendered to alimentary science, is the discovery of osmazome, or rather the determination of what it was. ~Brillat-Savarin

#4 ibgpdx

ibgpdx
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:08 AM

Site looks different....did the theme change?  Looks nice.

#5 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,046 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

Did a full upgrade.  New system.  Hopefully less spam and more speed.  If anyone has any questions, I'll try to answer them.

#6 jennifer

jennifer
  • 3,037 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

The new text fonts seem difficult to read on my end.  The previous fonts were clean and easy on the eyes, these seem more degenerated.  As I type this in the text box though, the font appearing here is very clean.  Once posted, it's hard on the eyes.

#7 sacman

sacman
  • 684 posts
  • Interests:FOOD

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

Just found another spammer and killed his post and flagged the account.

Hopefully it was an account that was created prior to the upgrade.

-sacman

- I am an employee of a Portland-based firm that has business relationships with several local food-related businesses.

#8 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,046 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

All the ones I've seen so far have been prior to the upgrade.  Anyone prior to 1/10 should be.  I haven't seen one that wasn't before 1/9, I think.

#9 Jill-O

Jill-O
  • 7,051 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

Just zapped 4 more sposts (my new word for spam posts).

Never give up! Never surrender!

#10 StMaximo

StMaximo
  • Members
  • 2,536 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

Looks good to me. Looks like it gives us more formatting options in the posts.

I like the icon on the left side that lets me know there's a new post and gives me the option of marking a section as read.

It will be nice to have the spam gone.

As always I appreciate that Nick provides us this sandbox. I also appreciate the moderator's help when needed too.

#11 bbqboy

bbqboy
  • Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

Looks nice. Much cleaner. Thanks!

#12 sacman

sacman
  • 684 posts
  • Interests:FOOD

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

FYI, I am getting sporadic PHP errors when I post a reply or send a PM.  See below.  It started yesterday.

Note that, despite these errors, my posts appear to be working.

-sacman

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/pfg/public_html/cache/skin_cache/system/emailWrapper.php) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/pfg/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/systemTemplates.php on line 124

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/pfg/public_html/cache/skin_cache/system/ipsDriverError.php) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/pfg/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/systemTemplates.php on line 124

Warning: file_put_contents(/home/pfg/public_html/cache/skin_cache/system/ipsServerError.php) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/pfg/public_html/admin/sources/classes/output/systemTemplates.php on line 124

- I am an employee of a Portland-based firm that has business relationships with several local food-related businesses.

#13 vj

vj
  • 2,554 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

I am, as well. There have been mixed results for my posts, but the majority posted fine.

#14 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,046 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

I put a support ticket in yesterday.  Hopefully it will be fixed Monday when they've got people working on non-crtical issues.

#15 HamSa

HamSa
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

I miss the links to today's topics or this week's topics.  The option was at the bottom right of the old site.

#16 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,046 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

If you click "View New Content" on the upper right of the screen, you will get a list down the left that gives you several options for filtering what you see.

#17 jennifer

jennifer
  • 3,037 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:21 AM

What do all the stars & dots mean on the left side of the threads?  So many new symbols, haven't been able to figure out what they mean.

#18 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,046 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

If you hover over stuff you will generally be told what it does. Stars indicate you have posted in the thread. Dots indicate there is a post you haven't read, I believe, and if you click on it it will take you to that post.

#19 FoodKid

FoodKid
  • Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

Is it possible to get the Google search back? I can't search for Pok Pok because it has too few letters.

#20 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,046 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:49 PM

Done. Didn't have time to fine tune it and put it up with the other search bar, but to the right of the breadcrumbs hits most pages (but not the home page) and is relatively conspicuous.