Tabor

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 abefroman

abefroman
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 03:02 PM

Tried the pork schnitzelwich today. Not bad, but the meat needed a bit of seasoning. the pepper spread was good and it need a bit more horseradish or some pickles maybe. Did not care for tthe romaine lettuce. Finely shredded cabbage with a little caraway, oil and vinegar would be better. All in all not bad though.

#22 Amanda

Amanda
  • 7,626 posts
  • Interests:Eating, cooking, kayaking, canoeing, letterboxing

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:42 PM

Went to Tabor for the first time today. Very popular place. Takes a while to get lunch there. I ordered a pork loin Schnitzelwich. They gave my sandwich to someone else who ordered after me. They made me a sandwich within five minutes or so, though. I'm munching on it at my desk and it's good, but I'm pretty sure they gave me chicken instead of pork. The people in the cart are very nice. I will echo what everyone else has said about this place. It's really good. The red pepper sauce and horseradish really make it something special.

Best regards,

Amanda

#23 Jill-O

Jill-O
  • 7,144 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:07 PM

HA!! Amanda, I had MY first Schnitzelwich today too!! I had to deliver a proposal downtown right across from that pod so I grabbed lunch from Tabor.

I had a pork one and I thought it was awesome - crispy outside/juicy inside pork, cool and crisp lettuce, sweet ajvar and sauteed onions on the bottom and creamy piquant horseradish sauce on top...all on a Grand Central ciabatta roll. The thing was ginormous and well worth the $6.50. My boss and co-worker were jealous.
Never give up! Never surrender!

#24 Amanda

Amanda
  • 7,626 posts
  • Interests:Eating, cooking, kayaking, canoeing, letterboxing

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:34 PM

Great minds think alike...or something like that. :wub:

Best regards,

Amanda

#25 nervousxtian

nervousxtian
  • Members
  • 2,128 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 05:16 PM

Been so long since I've been, they are excellent.

#26 Matticus

Matticus
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:42 AM

Funny, I think of them as the mainstay of that cart row. Half the time I go down to 5th intending to try something new I end up with something from Tabor.