Cold Chocolate Drinks For Summer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Leonardo

Leonardo
  • Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 06:31 PM

Thanks all for taking the trouble to do this. I now have an incurable craving for some, and it being Monday, I'll have to wait awhile. Arrgh!

Elizabeth: I too miss your palets, especially now after knowing the depth of their meaning to you as you so eloquently explained. I'd love to see an occasional reappearance. And thanks for your continuously-changing hot chocolate. It changed my life. Best I've ever had! And the mint truffle is truly a standout. I had one three hours ago and can still taste it.

And to all: would love to see some cold chocolate drinks for summer. My only stipulation would be to go easy on the ice (or no ice at all).
Homer, upon seeing an ear of corn at a market: "Interesting...it reminds me of a corndog, only without the dog!"

Thanks to http://kawaiinot.com/icons.php for the avatar.

#2 Scott--DFW

Scott--DFW
  • Secondary Admin
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 May 2006 - 09:42 AM

If any of the pros have tips on making great chocolate shakes, I'd love to hear them.

Scott

#3 sahagún

sahagún
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 03:06 PM

I just served up some variations of a chocolate shakerato for Meghan and me to taste. They are quite tasy and refreshing. I believe I will start serving those soon.

#4 SarahWS

SarahWS
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 08:47 PM

I just served up some variations of a chocolate shakerato for Meghan and me to taste. They are quite tasy and refreshing. I believe I will start serving those soon.

If you do, I know my sister and myself will be regular purchasers! My sister already buys enough mega pills for one daily and a steady supply of your other chocolates. :lol: Are you making the rose bergamot chocolates again? Last time we were in, you weren't making it yet due to a lack of supply of fresh bergamot according to your clerk.

Yum,

Sarah, official chocoholic

#5 sahagún

sahagún
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 03:24 PM

Thanks Sarah (and thank your sister!)

I have some bergamot peel which I candied and use for almond bark. I have made bergamot infused ganache at one point when they were available fresh but I don't remember mixing them with rose. I could be blanking out about the rose/bergamot. But I will be doing more stuff with rose geranium once the weather heats up a little more consistently. My friend Trillium grows it especially for Sahagún - as well as the Orange Mint that I use which has a perfumed quality to it like bergamot, rose, etc...

#6 John DePaula

John DePaula
  • Members
  • 1,463 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 27 May 2006 - 10:46 AM

Yoo-Hoo! <-- Of course, I'm TOTALLY KIDDING! :o
--------------------
You cannot legislate compassion into your fellow man (or woman, as the case may be), but we should at least attempt to create a society in which each individual has the opportunity to realize his or her potential. If we meet our citizens' needs for Health Care and Education, everything else will take care of itself. --Me