Portlandia

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Jeff

Jeff
  • Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:31 PM

Just thought I'd share this email from a friend of mine. Portlandia at its finest.

Drove through Alberta on the way to Salty’s tonight for dinner with a Vendor. They have their own little scene going on down there. The bikers and pedestrians were a bit out of control. I did a way too courteous stop for a ped before he even approached the cross walk and he didn’t look up from his Ipod/whatever… and then just flipped me off, while looking down at his device, and crossing in front of my van.

That why I always carry The Club
Posted Image

#22 polloelastico

polloelastico
  • Members
  • 2,749 posts
  • Interests:Tantric yoga and deck shuffleboard

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:44 PM

That guy sounds more like a raging asshole than your stereotypical kvetch. Ennui is an art -- if you try too hard you're doing it wrong.
“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” — George Carlin

#23 superdog

superdog
  • Members
  • 951 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:11 PM

Just thought I'd share this email from a friend of mine. Portlandia at its finest.

Drove through Alberta on the way to Salty’s tonight for dinner with a Vendor. They have their own little scene going on down there. The bikers and pedestrians were a bit out of control. I did a way too courteous stop for a ped before he even approached the cross walk and he didn’t look up from his Ipod/whatever… and then just flipped me off, while looking down at his device, and crossing in front of my van.

If you drive by PSU, that's pretty much happens every day for me.

Another Portlandia finest:

Angry Cyclist who works at food cart get jail time by hitting a motorist with his bike lock
Ellen @ SuperDog
superdogpdx@gmail.com

#24 jennifer

jennifer
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 11:30 AM

Tried watching the season 2 episode 1 of Portlandia online, and in order to grant you access the video, they ask that you click on 1 of 3 offers, without any way to say "no thanks" and click through to the content. Of the offers, one was an auto-insurance quote, I forget the second, and the 3rd was restaurant coupons. So I clicked the 3rd. The next page I was asked to select 3 restaurants that I'd like to receive coupons for, and the list contained: Outback, TGI Fridays, Bennigins, Applebees, Cheesecake Factory, Five Guys, McD's, PF Changs and so on. I cracked up! How ironic is that? Offerings of chain restaurant coupons in order to view an episode of Portlandia.