Looking for cooking job

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 byrdie

byrdie
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 10:19 AM

I'm moving from Minnesota to Portland, OR. Also, hoping to secure a job before I have to make the move for that will be a great comfort for my family.

I am looking for a manager position mostly or line cook in more upscale restaurants. I am hoping to work with lots of fresh, local and seasonal ingredients.

I am currently working as Chef de Cuisine overseeing all kitchen activities. I have been working in kitchen for 12 years and I want to learn all that I can about food and cooking. My life long goal is to continue learning.

If anyone is looking to hire or know of anyone that might be hiring, please let me know.

Thank you.

#2 Amanda

Amanda
  • 7,626 posts
  • Interests:Eating, cooking, kayaking, canoeing, letterboxing

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:32 AM

Welcome to the site byrdie and good luck to you!

Best regards,

Amanda

#3 byrdie

byrdie
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:53 AM

Welcome to the site byrdie and good luck to you!

Best regards,

Amanda

Thank you :)

We're very excited for the move. It seems like there are a lot of jobs out, but pretty hard to get a response.
I'll keep trying, though. I just need one 'yes', it doesn't matter how many 'no's I get.

#4 Quo Vadis

Quo Vadis
  • Members
  • 1,854 posts
  • Interests:You live to serve this ship<br />So serve well, and live<br />-Ben Hur

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:26 PM

I'm going to be hiring in a couple months.
While that's probably further out than you are interested in feel free to go to the contacts page on my website www.tanukipdx.com
if you'd like and send me a resume. Even if it doesn't suit me I can pass it along.

PS- I don't open attachments though, make sure to paste into email body.
PPS- I am very difficult to work with.
Methinks I am like a man, who having struck on many shoals, and having narrowly escap'd shipwreck in passing a small frith, has yet the temerity to put out to sea in the same leaky weather-beaten vessel, and even carries his ambition so far as to think of compassing the globe under these disadvantageous circumstances-Hume

#5 byrdie

byrdie
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:49 PM

I'm going to be hiring in a couple months.
While that's probably further out than you are interested in feel free to go to the contacts page on my website www.tanukipdx.com
if you'd like and send me a resume. Even if it doesn't suit me I can pass it along.

PS- I don't open attachments though, make sure to paste into email body.
PPS- I am very difficult to work with.

I just sent the email. Thank you!
I'm sure I'll enjoy working with you, given the opportunity, that is... I'm just scared to know what you would think of me.

#6 Quo Vadis

Quo Vadis
  • Members
  • 1,854 posts
  • Interests:You live to serve this ship<br />So serve well, and live<br />-Ben Hur

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:01 AM

I'm just scared to know what you would think of me.

Sooner or later everyone knows what I think of them... and generally they don't care. :rolleyes:
Busy week ahead, I have your resume but probably can't get back to you til after the weekend.
Methinks I am like a man, who having struck on many shoals, and having narrowly escap'd shipwreck in passing a small frith, has yet the temerity to put out to sea in the same leaky weather-beaten vessel, and even carries his ambition so far as to think of compassing the globe under these disadvantageous circumstances-Hume

#7 byrdie

byrdie
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:45 AM

I cannot say thank you enough to express my gratitude.

I'm glad to hear you got the resume. I can never be sure of those things.
I'll be paying attention to my email and this post.