• This topic is locked This topic is locked
48 replies to this topic

#41 John DePaula

John DePaula
  • Members
  • 1,463 posts
  • Interests:.

Posted 22 May 2006 - 10:11 AM

I haven't been able to get quality and quantity to come together.

I certainly hear you on the quality/quantity problem.

So I have a question: how do you approach the issue of finding help? I'm not looking for help right now, but I know this is going to be coming up soon.

Also, do any of you have you resources concerning consultants or folks that can help guide the business to the next level?
--------------------
You cannot legislate compassion into your fellow man (or woman, as the case may be), but we should at least attempt to create a society in which each individual has the opportunity to realize his or her potential. If we meet our citizens' needs for Health Care and Education, everything else will take care of itself. --Me

#42 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,350 posts
  • Interests:Me like food.

Posted 22 May 2006 - 10:12 AM

The hour is up. You can continue conversing as long as you like, but don't feel like you have to stay and chat if you need to be somewhere else. Just say good-bye and check back into the forum throughout the week to answer any members' questions that get posted. The forum is here:

http://portlandfood....hp?showforum=16

Those reading along: feel free to post your questions there anytime. I'll close this thread later today.

Thank you Susan, Elizabeth, John, and Sarah for doing this and showing us your passion for chocolate.

The greatest service chemistry has rendered to alimentary science, is the discovery of osmazome, or rather the determination of what it was. ~Brillat-Savarin

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole

Co-Author, Artisan Jewish Deli at Home

Formerly, Kenny & Zuke's

#43 John DePaula

John DePaula
  • Members
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 10:15 AM

I am curious about what everyone's dream chocolate travel adventure might entail?

The Chocolate Tours by David Lebovitz sound pretty cool.

Or maybe visiting some chocolate plantations on South America.
--------------------
You cannot legislate compassion into your fellow man (or woman, as the case may be), but we should at least attempt to create a society in which each individual has the opportunity to realize his or her potential. If we meet our citizens' needs for Health Care and Education, everything else will take care of itself. --Me

#44 alma

alma
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 10:16 AM

I haven't been able to get quality and quantity to come together.

I certainly hear you on the quality/quantity problem.

So I have a question: how do you approach the issue of finding help? I'm not looking for help right now, but I know this is going to be coming up soon.

Also, do any of you have you resources concerning consultants or folks that can help guide the business to the next level?

I am really wondering about the same questions. I have found Jackie Babiky and PCC Small Business Develoment Center to be really helpful with the business of the business. Also, the Oregon Entrepreneur's Forum (OEF) is a good resource. I want to disclose that my husband Greg is on the staff at OEF. They are a non-profit that helps small business in Oregon.

#45 susanmatthews

susanmatthews
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 10:18 AM

I suggest you get in touch with Ian Titterton who is now Baking Instructor at Clark College in Vancouver. He would identify only the best among his students, I'm sure. Seems like they might be looking for internships. His phone number there is 1-360-992-2156.

#46 sahagún

sahagún
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 10:22 AM

Thank you for inviting me to the round table discussion. It was nice chatting with you guys. Come by some time and say hello.

Elizabeth

#47 alma

alma
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 10:24 AM

Thank you Nick, for the invitation to the forum and the effort in coordinating it. It was fun chatting with you all. I look forward to eating your chocololates, everyone!

#48 susanmatthews

susanmatthews
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 10:25 AM

My thanks, as well. But I feel like it just whetted my appetite. Perhaps another time, another place...

Susan

#49 John DePaula

John DePaula
  • Members
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 10:27 AM

Bye, guys. Enjoyed the discussion.
--------------------