Northwest Food & Wine Festival

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 ariel88

ariel88
  • Members
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 11:54 PM

Wow, Jill! Thanks for the very thorough report! Looks like it was a great event!

#22 Jill-O

Jill-O
  • 7,144 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 12:06 AM

It was a fun event, and that posting only took about 4-5 hours (because I spent an hour or two dealing with the pics on Sat.). I need to take the dog out and go to bed now! Goodnight all...
Never give up! Never surrender!

#23 PortlandFoodAdventures

PortlandFoodAdventures
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:20 AM

Jill, you do an absolutely amazing job covering these events. All the details are fantastic, as well as the pics. The fact that I would have liked to have been there notwithstanding, frankly, it's easier, cheaper and surely less fattening if I simply read your posts!!! I thoroughly enjoyed myself without even being there. And I don't have any toothpicks in my pockets the next day. :-)
Portland's best chefs TIP YOU.
PorlandFoodAdventures.com

#24 Jill-O

Jill-O
  • 7,144 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:32 AM

Aw, thanks! I appreciate that.

And I don't have any toothpicks in my pockets the next day. :-)

Or dirty napkins, or business cards/flyers/wine notes/menus?

Seriously, my coffee table looks like an explosion of paper with a bit of swag mixed in...the amount of recycling I collect after a write up of one of these events is quite amazing. My dream is that, at least all the restaurants have clear signage of short descriptions of their food at these events - for those (and I thank you, The Original and Aquariva) I just take a pic and use that for my info, even though I might not post it on the site.

#25 Amanda

Amanda
  • 7,626 posts
  • Interests:Eating, cooking, kayaking, canoeing, letterboxing

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:48 AM

WOW! Looks like it was quite the shindig! The food looks good (though it sounds like another pork fest) and the variety of wines availabe to taste seems like it was kind of endless. Thanks for going and sharing your experience with us.

Best regards,

Amanda

#26 Jill-O

Jill-O
  • 7,144 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:09 AM

There was a lot of pork (relative to other kinds of meat) but a lot of it was nice stuff from Sweet Briar Farms (it's not Tails & Trotters...or Laughingstock Farms - but it is a good local product) but there was also beef, lamb, seafood and vegetarian options. True about the wine, though - so many options, so many varietals...as you would expect from a regional event. They grow some nice and different grapes south and northwest of us, though a good Pinot is always appreciated.

And "That was too much pork!" is probably something you won't ever hear me say... Is it wrong to want a bag of those chocolate covered pig ears?? ;o)

#27 loofahgirl

loofahgirl
  • Members
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:28 PM

Has anyone been to this lately? I got an email with a discount code of $20 off and I'm wondering if it's worth it. It's Nov. 16.

#28 Angelhair

Angelhair
  • 7,660 posts
  • Interests:film, cooking, literature

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

I'd hit that.