2 replies to this topic

#1 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,350 posts
  • Interests:Me like food.

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:15 PM

http://wweek.com/editorial/3632/14150/

New cart pods, in Portland, spring eternal; Slow and Low’s silver bullet is located in the merely weeks-old lot just behind North Mississippi Avenue’s Albina Press, where a few other trailers have also put down stakes next to a small array of picnic tables. The word here at Slow and Low is sandwiches, and the word has been good.

The greatest service chemistry has rendered to alimentary science, is the discovery of osmazome, or rather the determination of what it was. ~Brillat-Savarin

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole

Co-Author, Artisan Jewish Deli at Home

Formerly, Kenny & Zuke's

#2 chefken

chefken
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:16 AM

Found another new one...for me. I was wandering over by Burnside and Grand and spotted this small, 4 truck pod. Had a sandwich from this truck called Slow and Low. He had 4 different pork sandwiches, plus a slew of sugar-only boutiquey sodas. I had the Cantonese-style Pork Belly - sort of his version of a Banh Mi. Friggin' awesome! Really juicy, perfect ingredients, good bun. Introduced myself and spoke to the owner - Joel if my memory serves me. He has to be out of there in 3 months so he's actively looking for a vacancy at a new pod. Please, please come to Mississippi and Skidmore and oust one of the 4 Vegan pods!

As an amusing side, there was a VW van in that pod selling waffles and called...Get ready for it...Volkswaffle! mDidn't try it, but love the name!
signature

#3 iclimb1998

iclimb1998
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:37 AM

Ich bin ein autoWaffle.
As Kennedy said somewhere, or maybe it was potatoes.