#21 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,350 posts
  • Interests:Me like food.

Posted 24 May 2010 - 03:52 PM

Split out Hawaiian Time discussion here:

http://www.portlandf...showtopic=10743

The greatest service chemistry has rendered to alimentary science, is the discovery of osmazome, or rather the determination of what it was. ~Brillat-Savarin

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole

Co-Author, Artisan Jewish Deli at Home

Formerly, Kenny & Zuke's

#22 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,350 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 12:16 PM

http://pdx.eater.com...wells-books.php

Micah Camden, owner of DOC, Yakuza, and Fats up on 30th and Killingsworth has finally found a Pearl District place—at 122 NW 10th Avenue—for his much buzzed-about Little Big Burger.

The greatest service chemistry has rendered to alimentary science, is the discovery of osmazome, or rather the determination of what it was. ~Brillat-Savarin

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole

Formerly, Kenny & Zuke's

#23 ariel88

ariel88
  • Members
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 03:00 PM

I believe there is signage up (no indication of when it may open) for Little Big Burger on NW 11th and Davis or thereabouts? It's in the same building as a sushi-go-round place that I can't remember the name of. I'll note the location next time I walk by there.

#24 SarahWS

SarahWS
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:11 PM

Here's a picture I took in early June of the new signage for Little Big Burger:

Posted Image

#25 Jill-O

Jill-O
  • 7,144 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:20 PM

In the link from Zuke on May 27th above, it says 122 NW 10th Avenue...
Never give up! Never surrender!

#26 Kristi

Kristi
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:08 AM

This is right by my office building. I can't wait for them to open!

#27 ariel88

ariel88
  • Members
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 01:36 PM

In the link from Zuke on May 27th above, it says 122 NW 10th Avenue...

Duh..... I swear I can read! :P

#28 faux_gras

faux_gras
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 07:24 AM

I sure hope Camden is never there. Train a staff and get the hell out. Never good energy when that guy is around. Bless his little heart.

#29 ExtraMSG

ExtraMSG
  • Admin
  • 18,350 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:15 AM

I sure hope Camden is never there. Train a staff and get the hell out. Never good energy when that guy is around. Bless his little heart.

This isn't the place for anonymous, nebulous attacks on individuals. If you want to relate a specific experience and stand behind it or give credible experience you've had with a person, that's one thing. But even then it may not be appropriate for a restaurant thread.

Nick Zukin, Mi Mero Mole

Formerly, Kenny & Zuke's

#30 Joisey

Joisey
  • Members
  • 540 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 12:48 PM

This isn't the place for anonymous, nebulous attacks on individuals. If you want to relate a specific experience and stand behind it or give credible experience you've had with a person, that's one thing. But even then it may not be appropriate for a restaurant thread.

Must..hold..tongue...

#31 ariel88

ariel88
  • Members
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 08:34 AM

Walked by yesterday, and suddenly there's a Penzey's Spices open next door. That's pretty cool!

#32 Twohearted

Twohearted
  • Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:27 AM

Walked by yesterday, and suddenly there's a Penzey's Spices open next door. That's pretty cool!

WHAT?! That was seriously fast. I'm glad I won't have to go far for my spices now!

#33 ariel88

ariel88
  • Members
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 07:54 PM

The red paper was down today, and the door was open while a guy painted the walls with giant yellow sunshines (or something). He told me they plan to open in 3 weeks. There was a long, low bar running the vertical length of the room (i'm guessing for counter seating), but nothing else is in there right now.

#34 ariel88

ariel88
  • Members
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:31 PM

Sign on the door says opening Sept 13th.

#35 ariel88

ariel88
  • Members
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 03:27 PM

Just kidding. That sign is gone and has been replaced by one that says they'll be opening on Sept 17th.

#36 anotherdavid

anotherdavid
  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 09:46 AM

Just kidding. That sign is gone and has been replaced by one that says they'll be opening on Sept 17th.

While you're waiting visit dick's kitchen on Belmont for grass fed beef burgers, not fried fries and homemade condiments. Yum and not crowded.

#37 nate

nate
  • Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 02:12 PM

While you're waiting visit dick's kitchen on Belmont for grass fed beef burgers, not fried fries and homemade condiments. Yum and not crowded.

Rather than shamelessly shill in this thread by offering an "alternative" on the other side of town, why don't you do us all a favor and grace us with an actual review in the appropriate thread.

#38 ariel88

ariel88
  • Members
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 10:43 PM

I'm not so much "waiting" as "pass by it every day on the way home from work" so it's easy for me to give updates as I notice new things happening. :)

#39 anotherdavid

anotherdavid
  • Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:12 AM

"SHILL"? I stopped in. Ate a burger. Enjoyed it. Liked the wait staff. Plan to go back. Expletives deleted.

#40 SarahWS

SarahWS
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:23 PM

Everyone, please don't make assumptions. There was an earlier shill that copy and pasted a few sentences from Dick's Kitchen opening press release into the Dick's Kitchen thread. Not everyone who praises Dick's Kitchen is typing from the press release. :rolleyes:

AnotherDavid, I would also be interested in hearing about your meal at Dick's Kitchen in more detail on the Dick's Kitchen thread.

Is it just me or this the year of the gourmet burger joint? I think I can list at least 5 places that have opened recently or are about to open that follow this formula. And yet, Hillsdale and the SW Hills STILL aren't feeling any of the love. :o