Photo

Best post of 2009

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jill-O

Jill-O
  • 7,144 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 09:16 AM

Here we go folks, we hardly ever use this section, but hey, it's here, so if you have any nominations, they go here. And while we are talking about posts, I'd like to give a few shout-outs.

Overall, I'd nominate Sacman for a special honor for posting so many great pics to the site, both of his own cooking and his restaurant visits.

And to polloelastico, though we'd wish you'd post more often, you bring the funny time and again and lots of us appreciate it, and thanks for the tips for shopping in the Asian markets, you have helped lots of folks out with that info.

And big thanks to folks like Angelhair who post full menus of new restaurants and makes sure to keep us up on all the beer and cocktail happenings around town.

But I have to say, BigDaddy's last post was a poetic description of the Greek Cusina (soon to be RIP) and worthy of a nomination:

Gee, if anyone takes over the spot, I think a religious exorcism and many ritual smudgings and similar purgatives are needed. It was a craphole infested by meatheads and run by the number one dipweed in Portland.

And to put it in context, it can be found here:
http://www.portlandf...a...st&p=125649

Please nominate/mention any particular post that caught your fancy and share it here!

Thanks to all of you who posted in 2009 (and attended events, but that's another section ;o)!!
Never give up! Never surrender!

#2 BigDaddy

BigDaddy
  • Members
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Poker, reading, disability rights, nonalcoholic beverages, longtime friend of Bill W.

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:24 PM

All due thanks, Jill-O, but this one from Joisey on FosterBurger made me envious and bitter that I hadn't come up with it.

Will Chef Mondok be cooking the burgers with his fiery stare?

Joisey wins my vote.

#3 Jill-O

Jill-O
  • 7,144 posts

Posted 31 December 2009 - 12:40 PM

Ah, the "fiery stare" yes, indeed, a great post. There are several of us who joke about that one still, and so I agree, a great nomination!

#4 tsw51

tsw51
  • Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 08:35 AM

I like this gem by hamhock on the Hung Far Low thread:

I fucked up and ate there once. The bar was full of hookers on smoke breaks and some sketchy dude giving out free jerky.

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not. - The Lorax

#5 Jill-O

Jill-O
  • 7,144 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 09:21 AM

Good nomination tsw51...that was a great post!